Stupid o'clock in the morning plus monster doesn't equal sleep. Trust me.

Well, where do I even start?

I'm sat here munching on chocolate, eating squares of flapjack and sipping my can of monster. It's ten minutes to one in the morning and oh my words...I can't even think about sleeping. Hella Good by No Doubt is playing in the background and gambling is being broadcast on TV.
Yes. GAMBLING.
I don't know about you but in these tight times is it really responsible to be encouraging people to gamble their money away? Luring them in with the promise of tripling their deposit from the initial ten pounds to thirty if they sign up before four o'clock? It just seems to morally wrong, and the fact the people hosting the show keep smiling like their having the time of their life really annoys me. Gambling isn't fun. It's actually pretty shitty and it's the cause of some random percentage of debt.

Djbfjlsudfbslbdbfbfhxkbksbdguas!!!!!!!

Okay, outburst over.

Ian Somerhalder was just in an episode of CSI and I drooled. He was street racing. I'm pretty sure he killed someone too but that was irrelevant. It was Ian Somerhalder. I know it was an episode from like way back too, 2002 if I'm not mistaken, BUT IT WAS IAN SOMERHALDER. I have acomplete slight obsession, I'm sorry.

I'm also sorry I haven't even tried to pretty this journal entry up. I just...I can't be bothered. It's just a journal so I doubt anyone really cares. I doubt anyone really reads these anyway.
With that said, I'd really like to know why Mibba says this:
"Attention
The topic of your journal has to be something worthwhile and can't be silly spam. You need to put effort into your journals."
Really? You want effort? Well I never. I get it, I really do. Just because it's a journal doesn't mean you should slack off and start speekingg liek Th!$. But these are journals. Do you expect people to apply this to a journal they'd write by hand? In a book hidden under their pillow? I don't. Journals are personal things and I really don't think that Mibba should be setting a type of standard for something that's supposed to be personal to each individual.

In fact, I think this only hits a nerve with me because of an old primary school teacher I had. I must've been about three or something, but I'd drawn a picture of a butterfly and I'd coloured in the sky but I'd done it in like a million and one directions, y'know? As kids do. My teacher came up behind me and told me to redo it and colour all in one direction. I hated her. Sad times. She's probably the cause for my "distaste" of authority.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm no wild rule-breaker by any means (why break them when it's easier to bend them instead? ;]). I just...don't like it when people abuse power/authority. I also hate being told what to do by people who probably don't even have the skills and/or knowledge needed to rightfully be in that position. That probably sounds like I'm completely full of myself, but imagine a five year old bossing you around and expecting you to just do it because someone calls them "the boss". Ridiculous, right? Well that's how I feel about it.

I guess that's why everyone who knows me says that I could only ever be my own boss hahaha. Quite true, I will admit. Though, give me the right working environment and I could probably deal. But I couldn't be expected to work a 9-5 job. God no. Boring, tedious and mind-numbing. I'd go insane.

Bah, okay, I'm going to go back to writing my little bit of self-indulgent fan fiction because I'm totally awesome like that.

Ciao my loves~
Pops <3
March 9th, 2011 at 02:22am