Just a story thing I worked on last night.

I normally don't write much, I'm more of a poem person, but after watching a certain movie, I got inspired. I suddenly had a deep urge to write. I know it's not good, probably even really bad. But I just wanted to share this. Hope you all like. :-)

As I lie here in bed and close my eyes, I can see a girl, a teenage girl. She is dressed in black. Black pants, black converse shoes,a black backpack, and a black hoodie pulled over her head. She walks down a long and dark tunnel all alone. She's been through this tunnel ever since she could remember. She doesn't know where she's going for sure, but all she knows is she has to keep walking. She walks with her head down looking at her shoes. She is in deep thought. She looks up for a moment, then stops. She sees a dim yellow light at the end of the tunnel. She starts to run towards it., but then bluntly stops and stares ahead of her. She continues to stare at the faint yellow light ahead of her. She starts to feel a deep fear inside of her. A strong force preventing her from moving forward. "Why is this happening?" she asked herself. "Why am I so afraid to move forward?". She stood there for a minute....thinking.... Then she realized she was afraid. Afraid to leave, afraid to leave her comfort zone. The dark and cold tunnel that has made her feel safe and secure. She couldn't help to think that maybe if she reaches the end of the tunnel, everything would be different, she would be in a different world. She wasn't ready for that. She enjoyed her dark tunnel, thus, she turned around, and started to walk the opposite direction. She wasn't ready to face the new world that may lie ahead. She looked back once more at the faint light, stared for a minute, then went forward away from the light. Maybe she'll reach that light someday, but not today.
March 11th, 2011 at 12:10am