I've got two words for you: spring break.

Image

Hey look, it's that girl who really needs to get her hair done again because it clashes horribly with her brown eyebrows. Believe me, I know how stupid it looks. I've been wanting to lighten my hair back up to a golden brown, but it's so hard to get the black out of my hair. You know what they say: once you go black, you can never go back. I didn't know they meant it literally, though. It sucks.

I lightened it once about a month ago, but as you can see, it still looks pretty dark. I think that mainly has to do with the fact that the hairstylist had absolutely no idea what she was doing. And I'm not just saying that because I'm angry with how my hair turned out, either. I'm in beauty school, I know how to color hair correctly. Now it's a really, really dark brown (still with some black spots) and a tint of purple. Yeah, she put purple in my hair. I didn't ask for purple. I expected to leave with it at least a normal shade of brown. Needless to say, I'm never going back there again. I gave them a second chance after screwing up my hair the first time, but not again.

---

This coming week is spring break for me. So excited. I'm ready to finally just relax and forget about school. I've got a couple of plans this week, though I'm not sure if they'll follow through or not. A couple of friends and I want to go to the water park sometime this week along with spending some time at the amusement park towards the city. I'm really hoping we'll be able to pull these off the most because I haven't been to either a water park or an amusement park in years.

Another friend wants me to tag along with her and see Beastly. I'm not sure if I want to see it or not. From the previews, I think it looks pretty good (apparently it's based on a book that I've never even heard of, so I don't know what that says about it) but I've heard that a lot of people were disappointed with it and that it wasn't as good as they expected. It sounds to me like it might be one of those films where the only good parts are shown in the advertisements. Who knows. Maybe I'll see it, maybe I won't.

I've got to say, the weather is finally starting to pick up here in Arizona. It's been pretty chilly the past few weeks with maybe one or two warm days here and there, but lately it's been in the late 70s and early 80s outside. I don't think you realize just how ecstatic I am that the cold weather is finally starting to go away. I think I'm one of the biggest haters of the cold around. But there is one downside to the warmth: how hot it makes the house. It's almost in the 80s in our house right now and it's 10:00am. Ridiculous? I think so. I'm close to sweating.

ImageImageImage

---

What are your plans for spring break?
March 13th, 2011 at 06:00pm