And it's not that you said no that's upsetting me, it's that you didn't even bother to try and make it a yes...//comment swap

I'm upset, Mibba. And a lot of it is probably because I'm super emotional right now and super stressed about finals...but god, I am so sick of people saying no.
More than that, I'm upset that they say no without even trying.
There's a difference between defeat and giving up.
Giving up is realizing that something won't work with the method you wanted to use, and stopping there.
Defeat is when you've exhausted all methods, and it's just not working out.

Why do so many people choose giving up? Why don't they even try?

If something doesn't work, I understand that. Sometimes, wanting something isn't enough. But sometimes, it is! And if you don't apply that to the small challenges and problems you face in your life, then what the h*ll do you expect to do the first time you reach for your dream and fail?
And there's no harm in wanting, no harm in trying. Even if it doesn't work, it's a learning experience. It's something you can walk away from knowing that you've tried your hardest; that maybe your best wasn't enough, but you still did reach that best and that's an accomplishment in itself.

You're making yourself helpless, by choosing to give up again and again. Because right now, giving up is just a minor inconvienience. Ten years, two years, five days from now, the ability to keep trying might end up defining your life....or ruining it because you didn't have it.

Motivational speaker skills ftw xD
Seriously, though, this is something that's been bugging me for a while. Problem solving should be an inherent skill, and it's very clearly not...which is going to f*ck us all over someday. You're only as strong as your weakest link, and by that measure, our society really is screwed.

Am I the only one who's noticed this, or feels this way?

Anyways, if you came for the comment swap, it's down here:
You can swap on my new story, Getting Back to Insanity. It is currently two chapters and around 1000 words long.
I read almost anything, as long as it's below NC-17. I would much prefer original fiction. You comment first, and you get what you give.
Please only give me something that's around 1,000 words. Drabbles, oneshots, and story chapter( or chapters, if they're short like mine) are all OK.
If you've read Getting Back To Insanity, any of my other stories are OK for swapping too. The same rules apply. They're all OF drabbles or oneshots, so please give me things of the same length.
I'll get back to you as fast as I can, but remember; you're only commenting on one story, I'm commenting on multiple ones....so it might take me a bit.
I promise not to forgot you, though!
March 16th, 2011 at 12:44am