Where is the KISS Army?

Anybody who knows me for more than a minute or two knows that I am a fan of the rock band KISS. Possibly an understatement, I admit, I'm beyond obsessed. I'm still yet to see them in concert, but I feel like I've been there since the very beginning. I've got all the albums (except a few rarities), enough useless merchandise to sink a battleship, and am planning to get a tattoo, a replica of Paul Stanley's rose tattoo. That's until I get enough guts to go for the more hardcore KISS tattoos. Yep, I am obsessed.

I suppose the purpose of this is to find other KISS fans, because I love talking about KISS with people that understand that Gene Simmons never had a cows tongue grafted to his own. Or, people who actually know who KISS are for that matter. Most people my age aren't into that sort of thing. That been said, there are quite a few that are, I just don't know them. KISS tends to have two types of fans.
The Closet Fan:
The type of person that LOVES KISS, but possibly doesn't show it as fanatically as others. KISS may not even be their favourite band. They just think the whole KISS concept is cool, but are happy to listen to Katy Perry or whatever be it, as they enjoy the status of "KISS fan." These people are cool, but hard to find, hence my need to publicise my obsession.

The loud and proud soldiers of the KISS Army:
These people are easier to find. They're on the KISS sites, and on here, I've spoken to some. They wear the tshirts, belt buckles and caps. They even wear the makeup! They know who Bruce Kulick is, and they tend to have respect for him. They know all the words to "Fits Like A Glove." But they still go missing from time to time, so if you're one of them SHOUT IT OUT LOUD!

I also understand that some people hate KISS, for numerous reasons, and I too respect their decision, as long as they don't give me and others shit for liking it. I'm not preaching!
But if you are one of the KISS fans out there and would like to chat, I'd be very happy to talk about anything, from Peter's costume to the lyrics from Spit. Just "talk to me, all I want is a little conversation"

Rock on!
March 20th, 2011 at 07:51am