20.03.2011 - Lazy Sunday's as usual

I got up quite late as any normal 18 year teenager would do on a Sunday.

I was still a bit confused about everything that's happened over the weekend. My friend Sian got pretty close to my friend called Jak, which made me quite upset at first as I have developed a slight crush on him.

But last night after work, my friend Kelly invited me over to hers to eat some pizza and just goof off. So Dad took me over after work and Sian, Tudor (my best friend) and Jemma were there as well.

We spent most of the evening trying to get information out of Sian about Jak, but Sian being quite secretive she only spilled a little bit and just blushed occasionally.

Which then made me realise that she obviously likes him a lot and she's gone through a lot of shit, so if Jak makes her happy then I should be happy for them.

Kelly then spent most of the night trying to sort things out with Jak about Sian over her mobile. Because Sian is waiting for Jak to invite her out and vice versa. So Kelly in secret eventually helped Jak plan a date, which is going to happen on Wednesday where we live and he is hopefully going to ask her out.

Which made me all happy as they've both been through shit last year and deserve to be happy, and plus my main crush is on Alex not Jak. So i focused on him that night

But then we got to discussing men, relationships and couples etc. Where Jemma and Tudor complained that they were the only one's who don't have men in their life.

So I was like WTF i don't either and Kelly said the same, which then made them say that I have Mike and that I should go out with him.

Which really is starting to annoy me and upset me tbh. I love Mike but not in that way as in a brotherly sort of way and as much as i protest the more they bring it up and take the mick.

The subject then moved onto Alex, who Tudor has yet to meet. But they just slagged him off right in front of me. Saying he is a player, man whore and that he knows he can get anybody. Well tbh i felt like shouting "you haven't even spoken to him!" They're basing his whole personality and image based on what they've seen of him. Like the saying never judge a book by its cover, but that's exactly what they're doing and it sucks.

I really like Alex and yes he might go out and get drunk every week, he might talk to some girls he's never met before. But that's what a lot of 18 year old guys do anyway and there's so much more to him than that.

He hasn't had a serious relationship or girlfriend for that matter since he broke up with his long term girlfriend last year. He is the only guy i have met that has so much in similar with me, I feel like i can be myself and he won't be judging me.

So for them to slag him off in front of me was damn right rude and hurtful I know they only want the best for me, but isn't it down to me who I fall in love with and not there's?
March 20th, 2011 at 06:12pm