Gettin' sh*t done, like a boss.

Lol jk, I never finish my work. I don't even know how I have a 3.8 G.P.A and I'm a total procrastinator. Just yesterday night, I was working on three assignments that were given to me a week before. It bums me out, a lot, to be honest. Compared to the kid that studies all week long for a test, and me, the kid that never studies, I leave the testing room with a 90, and the kid that actually worked for their grade gets a 70. It sucks. I shouldn't have these magnificent grades with a poor work ethic. The more I pass, the more I procrastinate. The more A's I get, the less I learn from my mistakes for procrastinating. Procrastinating is not cool. Honestly, I'm a hard worker. I love to work, and I love to achieve, but I also love to have all play and no work. Which is how I procrastinate. Which is how I start feeling guilty for getting the A I really don't deserve.

Anyway, for the past couple of months, I've been working really hard on my art school portfolio. I'm not going to lie, it's not even completely done, and it's getting reviewed on Saturday. This is basically my last week to get everything done: pastels, paintings, pencil drawings, inks, comics. While I'm typing this, I'm wasting so much time on the internet and not enough on my art work.

it doesn't help that I'm following two illustrating blogs on Tumblr. That's where I get most inspirations for original art for my portfolio. I love looking at pictures and I love to be inspired. It's the whole brainstorming and sketching process that pisses me off. Urgh.

Well, I gotta go. I have a few illustrations I created posted on my tumblr. Feel free to look/follow. If you do follow, I'll follow back, because, well, I like pictures and reading :)

Oh hey, the best thing from this whole day is hearing my two brothers fight like little boys while they're playing Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm on the PS3. It's pretty awesome hearing twenty year old and twenty one year old men screaming and trolling at each other. Reminds me of my childhood xD
March 21st, 2011 at 08:50pm