To explain why I'm gone.

Before you comment on this journal, I want you to at least read a small part of it and please whatever you do, don’t judge me because I’m being honest and telling you all. I don’t want sympathy and honest to God, I could do without it because at the moment that’s all I seem to get at work and with people that know me.

If you’re reading this because I’ve sent you a message to explain why the chaptered story of mine you’ve been reading has been taking down, I’ll be more than happy for you to skip until you find the red paragraphs because they’re the ones that apply the most to you.

I’m leaving the internet for a while. I know this isn’t the first time I’ve done this, I left back in 2008/2009 due to similar conditions to now. I’m not leaving Mibba because “this site has changed” or because I don’t get as many readers as I did say back in 2007. No. I’m leaving because thanks to the economy and the English government finding it fun to ruin lives of the poor.

For all that have me on Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter or just see me around on this site or just talk to me, you’ll know I’ve been inactive since the middle of February. One day I was on the boards and posting stories and then the next I was just gone. Poof. I’m sorry, it wasn’t a choice and everything happened so fast I didn’t have time to warn anyone.

My family lost our house.

It’s a simple and very tragic fact of life that my mum decided that she couldn't be bothered to pay the rent anymore and hid the letters from me and my step dad.

We had a grand total of five days to get all of stuff out of the house which we only managed due to the company my step-dad works for giving us a van for free and his co-workers moving their own homes around to make way to store our furniture. For anyone who knows me, they’ll know that I don’t have many belongings apart from all my CDs, videos and books so they’re currently living at my friend Mikeyy’s house.

Funny enough, I’m sat at Mikeyy’s house right this second leaching off his internet on the laptop ge gave me not long before we lost our house.

In between this all too, my iPod after several years of great work and being my best friend died on me and my laptop deleted all my music. Never before have I thrown something (the iPod, not the laptop) at a wall and meant for it to break. It was just the icing on a really shitty tasting cake for me.

Anyway, five days isn’t enough to downsize from a four bedroom house (which was tiny anyways) to a two bedroom seeing as though the government will only pay rent for us on a two bedroom place now all my brother’s and sister’s have moved in with partners or gone to University. Peterborough, the small city I live in lacks a lot of two bedroom houses, believe me, it’s been hell finding one.

But we hadn’t slept in the five days we had notice because we had to pack and also because we couldn’t. My step-dad and me didn’t eat very much in those five days.

We ended up with a lone TV on our final night so we all sat up sharing a small portion of chips that we never finished whilst watching episodes of CSI and Law & Order we had saved on our Sky+ boxes. I remember how none of us could cry anymore because our tears were all dried and how there was this huge ache in my chest where my heart is. It was horrible knowing that in the morning we were out on the streets.

I ended up going to college in the morning because I’m on a college course that Prince Charles set up years ago to help kids like me that don’t do well in education or because they’re been in jail or something like that.

I didn’t last long there, two hours at most.

I ended up going to hang at a youth group back where my now “old” house is because I felt safe and needed there. I ate properly too. Seven or eight slices of pizza – hunger was finally catching up on me.

Whilst this was happening for me, my parents had been down to the council and alerted them to the fact we were homeless. They suggested that even though I’m getting closer and closer to eighteen that it’d be best to take me into care; sadly my parents fought this and wouldn't allow it. I wish they would, I can't stand living in this family anymore and I'm desperate to escape.

But after my parents putting up quite a fight we got placed in a homeless hostel which is great. I mean, we only left after four weeks this morning and we didn’t really have any problems there. The people were friendly to the point our floor on Monday night made a lasagne and had a group dinner together which was amazing and made me feel a little better about such a bad situation.

After three or four months living in the hostel we managed to find a cute little two bedroom house that’s not only a ten minute walk from the local college I’ll be starting in September but also a fifteen minute walk to the new youth centre I’ve been helping at lately.

But my parents can’t afford the internet, Sky TV or even a phone line for quite a while so I guess I’ll just carry on with what I was doing since day one of moving into the hostel; work on rewriting my stories and writing more one shots.

The reason I’m taking down my chaptered stories is because I want to make sure they’re all up to the halfway point before posting them because I seem to have a billion and one stories chaptered stories up and saved on my laptop that I’ve got up to chapter five on but then just lost interest in.

Most of my stories will end up back up once I have the internet again so I will be taking note of people’s profiles and I’m going to send messages to those commenter’s once the stories are back up because if they really like the story, they’ll appreciate that. But I’m an understanding person; if you lose interest in a story I can’t blame you, can I?


The reason I’ve wrote this journal of over a thousand words is because I want people to understand that I’m not gone forever, there’s no way I could leave Mibba but, I’m gone for the mean time. If you want to keep in contact with me, talk to Dru about getting my phone number or follow me on Twitter under “TheColorAbiFaz” because I can Tweet from my phone thanks to a contract that gives me credit each month although due to some problems, I’ve used £10 credit already (my contract month starts on the 21st of each month) so I only have £30 left.

Anyway, if you’ve read this whole journal you deserve a standing ovation and a pat on the back because I’ve ranted so much and this must have been a pretty boring journal to read. I’m going to stop rambling on now; thank you for your time.
March 24th, 2011 at 12:33pm