How I Miss The Olden Days...

A long time ago, which would be about ten years ago, I would come home everyday from school to watch 4 hrs of tv while doing my homework. Starting exactly at 3:30 PM, I would watch Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, and Hamtaro, and then when on Saturdays, I would watch what was kids wb, and on that, I would watch POkemon, pinky and the brain (NAAAARF! XD), Animaniacs, and some other cartoons. Oh and Yu Gi Oh.

But when they moved Toonami to saturday nights, back in 2002, they came out with a new block called Miguzi. Miguzi had some pretty nifty shows on there too. Code Lyoko and Totally Spies were my main favorites. But Code Lyoko stopped airing sometime in 2006, and Miguzi was taken off as well.

Around that time, CArtoon Network had gone to crap, so I resorted to watching what was the final days of Kids WB and Fox kids on saturday mornings but one year, I woke up to find that Fox Kids was replaced by The Fox Box. And they had taken off Digimon. >< I thought, Ok whatever. Cos Digimon had moved over to a cartoon block on toon disney called the JEtix.

Anyways, then off the fox box, I watched the 2003 cartoon of Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles, some wierdo show called Ultimate Muscle (please dont ask XD), and Fighting Foodons. But suddenly the fox box was gone was replaced by 4Kids Tv which featured new episodes of Yu giOh, and still tmnt. So I was just happy to watch X-men evolution, Digimon, Super Monkey Hyper Team Force Go and X-men: The Animated Series on the disney channel, TMNT and Yu Gi Oh, and the winx club on 4kidstv, naruto, dragonball z, teen titans, and yu yu hakusho on toonami, and of course samurai jack and code lyoko on the friday night line up, oh and avatar: the last airbender on nickelodeon.

After at least four years of that, all these things were taken off and CW4kids had completely taken over fox and kids wb. And Toonami was taken off the air completely, leaving only naruto to run on some schedule every night before adult swim and it stupid shows came on. Though Adult swim had a few decent animes and still does.

But now I'm stuck watching nicktoons all the time because nothing is worth watching nowadays. How can American Television be so screwed up?

Whatever happened to the good ol days? I know the younger generation love seeing bakugan, symbionic titan, batman: the brave and the bold, but cartoons are NOT what they were way back when. :3
March 27th, 2011 at 03:19am