To drink or not to drink?

So, most of my friends are getting drunk tonight, and I am...sitting at home organizing my home library alphabetically by author. I've always been the one kid in my group of friends that is just pretty much against anything they advise you not to do in health class. I don't smoke weed (or cigarettes), I don't drink, I don't even skip class.

Generally, this doesn't bother me much, but lately (tonight especially) I'm just kind of thinking fuck it. I mean, my friends are all at a (very small) party right now getting drunk, which they do every so often, and they pretty much look like they're having fun. I've never thought the idea of getting drunk sounded very fun, especially the part where you throw up and possibly not remember the next morning, but they certainly seem like they're having a good time.And to be honest, I wouldn't mind forgetting about my life in general right now.

It seems a lot less harmless than weed, which my mother does. She also drinks a lot.I think I like her more when she drinks.

And it doesn't seem so bad when I'm thinking of having a few drinks with a few close friends that I actually trust wouldn't let me do anything ridiculously stupid. And life is about experiences, really, so why not? I don't even want to get, as a few of my friends would say, completely hammered. I'm content with being just, like, a little tipsy. Or something. I don't know.

Mibba, remind me why this is a horrible idea and I will go back to organizing my library like a good nerd.
March 27th, 2011 at 04:14am