Lose Yourself

If I came back to you in two, maybe three years time, I wonder: would you have changed at all?
You're changing now, I think. Transforming into someone else, because you're not the one I fell in love with nowadays.

Was he really there to begin with? I have to ask this of you, but please don't change too much. People -and I'm one of them- love(d) you for who you were. I miss the old you, the one who wasn't arrogant and cocky. I miss your innocence, naivety and daring sense of humor.

I miss the way I made you laugh, but there's nothing to joke about anymore. I hope that if you do change, if you do lose yourself and become just another face in the crowd that I won't be about to witness it. I loved that you were individual; that is, until you stopped being your old self and left this emotionless creature in his place.

What about me? It's safe to say that I am also not the person I once was either, but like you I've found it increasingly difficult to stay standing out from the crowd. I'm afraid the commercial lifestyle and consumerism has gotten to us both in some way but as I try to resist it you haven't put up a fight.

So go ahead, and lose yourself in the crowd.
Because I lost you a long time ago.
March 31st, 2011 at 07:53pm