My Art

I am so unbelievably fucking mad at Firefox and Livejournal. Yesterday I was posting on my LJ and Firefox kept on crashing in the middle of it. Well I figured since LJ auto saves my post would be fine, including all the pictures I posted. Nope. All gone. GAH. Computers are so...*makes strangling motions with hands*

So I'm posting the same entry here, except slightly condensed. Good news is that you all can see pieces of my art and why I haven't been writing. I realized quite some time ago that when I'm drawing a lot, I'm not doing any writing and vice versa. It's like a curse. Sort of. I just wish that this spring break I could have gotten lots of writing done so I could go to my old middle school teacher and give her something new to read.

Image
I'm almost done with my barn picture! Mr. Vandermeuse's birthday is next Saturday, so I have all this coming week to finish it and make final touches before handing it over. Mrs. Vandermeuse asked my mom through FB message how much money I wanted. Um. What? I don't know! This is the first time ever I'm being paid for doing art. I don't want to set a price and then have her think, "Wow, that's a lot for an amateur piece of crap this is." I'm expecting more than twenty dollars obviously because of all the time I put into it and how much stress it has/is caused/causing me. I was just planning on telling her that however much she thinks it deserves will be fine because I'm not going to be picky with a price. I mean, I love doing this sort of stuff and Mrs. Siebers gave me advice and the board for free. What do you think of the barn so far? Maybe I'll ask around on a Gaia forum what they'd set the price as. Probably the bare minimum of twenty dollars at most. XD They're all such bastards when it comes to art, baha.

Image
On April Fool's Day my friend Kyle came over to paint eggs (I suspect that later in April when he visits again we'll actually dye eggs). I did a Domo egg!

Image
When we were done painting eggs and got bored Kyle said he felt like painting my face. To his surprise I agreed. Afterward he said as pay back he'd let me paint his face. He actually liked it so much he took a picture with his phone and sent it to his friend who replied, "Is she a make-up artist?" Kyle said, "No, she's fifteen and just a really good artist." I was so flattered. It's good to be appreciated for something you love to do.

Image

LE QUESTIONS:
1. Any constructive criticism on my pen barn drawing so far?
2. Are you an artist? Do you have a dA account? Moi est ici.
3. When was/is your spring break? It's my last day today. D:
4. Do you have a Tumblr? I'm obsessed with it.
5. Swap?
April 3rd, 2011 at 06:58pm