College Placement Tests

This morning I woke up at five. Today was Saturday. Why, then, would one wake up so early on the weekend? Two words: Placement tests.

I have already been admitted into the college of my choice and dreams, and needed to complete the placement tests. So, today at eight AM, I journeyed to the Wiconsin town of Oshkosh to take the tests. I went with my parents and my boyfriend who is also attending my college. The test itself wasn't so bad, but the room was cold and the pattering of the pouring rain on the roof made it hard to concentrate. By the time I had completed the Math and English parts of the test and heard the same directions three times, I was less than enthused about the Foreign Language portion.

But, with purple hands and tired eyes, I continued to fill in the scantron dots "completely and as dark as possible." Of course, I stayed in the lines whilst coloring.

In conclusion, placement tests are nothing to be afraid of, but the directional speeches at the beginning of the test are enough to make you wish you'd stayed home in bed.

P.s. Be sure to bring a jacket - you never know if your fingers will turn purple due to the temperature -or lack there of- in the testing room.
April 4th, 2011 at 05:19am