Published??

So, today I was contacted by a man from Xlibris Publishing. We were discussing publishing options if I were to finish the book I have been working on. The services they offer are pretty great, if not slightly pricey. We discussed which package would be right for me and it came down between two of them, basic or professional, basic costing $679 and professional costing $1079. But with the way he was talking, I can go with the basic and get all the services of professional through a free upgrade, only difference is, if I went with that I wouldn't get a few copies of the book. Whereas if I went straight with the professional, I would. another thing about this self-publishing company, is that you have a team of experts who help you through all the stages of your book, like editing, revising, and formatting.

The first self-publisher I looked into; www.lulu.com, doesn't offer nearly as much as Xlibris does, though they are a lot cheaper. With Xlibris, you don't have to pay extra to get your books on Amazon.com, or Barnes & Noble...but with Lulu you do. So I'm at a bit of a crossroads. Do I go with the less efficient but cheaper route, or do I go with the more expensive yet quality route?
April 5th, 2011 at 08:45pm