There is a 735% chance that Monday will not come.

So, this is my first journal, bare with me.

I'm not sure if I will make it past this weekend guys. Just kidding, well, sort of.

Two of my friends and I decided that prom is too mainstream, and we're going to a concert this Saturday instead. It's A Day To Remember concert. I've never heard of them, but my friend likes them, and got my other friend and me hooked. The opening band is Pierce the Veil, which I once again had heard of, but never actually listened to their music, but my other friend likes them as well. I like them now too.

We just found out, Monday, that there are two other opening bands. Bring Me The Horizon and We Came as Romans. Who are scream-o bands.

I'm pretty open minded, but I don't really get scream-o, are there even lyrics to the songs? Because I can't tell.

And everyone we talk to about the concert are super vague. They are all like, "Well you know what those concerts are like."...No, I don't, that's why I was asking you. And apparently, we are not being smart because it is only us three girls going, no guys are coming with us.

And to really reassure me, the first song I heard by Bring Me The Horizon was "Chelsea Smile" Do you know what a Chelsea Smile is? It's horrible, and their song is about it. That really just screams, "safe".

And even though we may get raped and attacked and crowd surfed, since we all happen to be really short too, we are so excited.

It's like the idea that it may get crazy and you may get hurt slightly excites you.

And if we MUST, we could always pick out a group of guys waiting in line to go in with to make sure no one crowd surfs us, because if we loose each other, we will never find each other again. I know, it seems a bit desperate, and, shall I say, slutty, to go with random guys, but I feel I have some valid reasons.
1. I go to an all girl school. Boys are not common, and I take all chances I have to meet them
2. I values my safety, and I would appreciate having someone there to keep other guys away.

This is long, and I don't know what the point is really, but, I guess, comment if you have been to a concert with these any of these bands. What are they like?

Hope I make it to Monday, because I have another concert that I must attend to then! If I live, I will explain the story to that, because it is quite interesting, for me at least, if I must say so myself.
April 8th, 2011 at 05:37am