Just a Disenchanted Teenager.

You know, I'm not entirely sure of why I feel like spewing everything I've felt onto this thing, putting it out in the open to the mibba population. But you know what? I'm doing it anyway. See, it all started back when i first started listening to a band called My Chemical Romance. Yeah, i know, I know, I'm probably just some obsessed fan-girl, right? Maybe I am. As I was saying, it all started that one faithful day that i listened to a little song called 'Teenagers'. 'Teenagers' led to 'Helena', and 'Welcome to the Black Parade', and soon enough, I'd listened to almost every song. My sister called me emo some, and she described MCR as "angry-white-girl-music". Then she brought this up to a friend of mine, who disagreed, and called it "sad-white-girl-music". Truth is, it was (and yes, i know how cliche this sounds...) one of the only things that kept me happy. The music was something i could actually relate to, even if I didn't have the same problems as other people. So i started looking up the band's origins, its members, a lot of different stuff, you know? And for once, i felt like there was something i could completely relate to without having to relate to anything at all. When i had bad days, i would drown out all the crap that i went through even though it was usually stupid stuff, with that music. When i felt alone, i would fill the void with that music. I must sound ridiculous to anyone reading... but it's the truth. I've had just as many bad days as any one else, and MCR made me smile again. I know a lot of people say that the band saved their lives, or helped them to do it for themselves. I never had to go that far, really. But they certainly helped me find a bit of myself that would've been gone forever. I don't owe them my life, but I definitely owe Gerard Arthur Way, Michael James Way, Raymond Toro Ortiz and Franklin Anthony Iero, along with Matt Pelissier, Bob Bryar, and Mike Pedicone a giant thanks. Not only have they helped me, but some of my closest friends, too. And in the words of a proud soldier in the MCR-my, Thanks for the venom, so long and good night, we are the MCR-my, they helped to save our lives. But that doesn't really fit my case. So i think i'll try to make a new one up... *clears throat* I'm not okay. I'm just a Disenchanted Teenager, but until The End, practically The Only Hope for this Lady of Sorrows is My Chemical Romance. Oh man... that failed horribly. Hopefully I got my point across half decently... well, i guess this is the end, then. Night, Mibba goers.
April 9th, 2011 at 12:58am