What a sick world we live in.

I started work at 12 today and outside were some people (my manager included). It's normal to see a few people milling around outside the shop on a sunny day but not around the 10 person mark.

When my manager came in all shaken up, I knew something bad had happened.

A young woman (21) had been standing outside the shop with her baby son in a pram. Just before I got to work a man had jumped out of a car, punched the woman in the face (knocking her to the ground) and then he had driven off. She was lying in a pool of her own blood. Her baby was crying next to her.

An off-duty policeman just happened to be walking past at the time and phoned an ambulance. The woman was unconscious when she was loaded in by paramedics and taken to hospital. 45 minutes later an on-duty policeman arrived to find out what had happened. He hadn't even phoned for an ambulance. If it wasn't for the off-duty guy, the woman would probably be dead.

The hospital phoned our shop and she was still unconscious. Her skull was broken. Her nose was broken. Her cheek-bone was broken. Her jaw was broken. Her eyes were bleeding.

What the hell is wrong with this world, Mibba? What kind of person would do such a thing to a young mother and just drive away?
April 20th, 2011 at 08:29pm