Facebook.

In my opinion, Facebook only causes problems. It's the same with Myspace as well, though it's not as popular anymore. Over the past school year, there have been a few fights that have been based around something that has started on the social networking site. Over the past week I've heard of some extreme bullying though.

A girl in our school has been making some very rude comments about a senior here, and has gone so far as to make a page on Facebook for people to like on how much they hate this girl. It's disgusting, what is wrong with our generation? Why do we take pleasure in causing people so much pain? Is it because we don't feel worthy enough and try breaking other people down in an attempt to gain popularity on your part? Well it won't get you anywhere, it truly won't. It sickens me to think that people would actually even like this page too! I don't know why we do this, I really don't. It all started because of her tan, she went a little bit overboard and so people started crap about how she looked like an orange. Big deal. That's something so small, so insignificant. We have bigger things to worry about than what they're wearing or how they look.

Today I heard that the same girl who made the page got charges pressed on her for the Facebook incident. In my opinion, she deserved it. She should have thought through her actions before she did it, and now she needs to pay the price for it. But last night she started something, that today you should wear orange if you hate this other girl. The girl being bullied found out, so she wore orange as well. I wonder what that says to everyone. They're breaking her down, and it's just so...sad. I really think that we should all just start getting along, and forget about the clothing, the tanning, all of that. We're all the same, we all have hearts, so we should respect others more.
April 21st, 2011 at 06:56pm