Moving On? Can You Do It?

When things seem to be striking you down, it is sometime thought that it is time to move on from that one thing. There are people who will just conquer whatever is hitting them, and move on from that with no problem at all. There are also people who try so hard to move on, but cannot. That's what this entry is about. People who try to conquer what they feel like is destroying them, but cannot seem to succeed.

What happens when we meet someone who just seems to be tearing you down. Ha, that's kind of dramatic, isn't it? 'A person who seems to be striking you down...' Thing is, this person has no idea that they are doing it to you. That person is someone who you want in life, but at the same time, someone you don't want. It may be a lover, it may be a best friend, it may be many other people like your parents/guardians, and maybe even a complete stranger that you keep seeing everywhere. At times, a person could find their self thinking, 'what if...' happened with someone. Then, over time, it could feel as if this person needs to get out of their mind.

When you are not with that person, but you want to be, it can feel like you're falling hard and fast. They won't get out of your mind, and some may think that it is time to move on. Some may think that that person that they cannot get out of their mind is destroying them. So, they try so hard to get that person out of their mind. Shred old photos of people, stop talking to that person, trying to push them away, and even going to the lengths of stop doing the things a person loves, just to avoid those thoughts they have of a certain someone. It just feels like it's time to move on, that it's unhealthy to think of all the 'what if's ' they have in their heads. Seems like moving on is reasonable, right?

From here on, it is strictly my opinion. Moving on from someone who you cannot get your mind off of...is it reasonable? No, I don't always think so. If that person who you are thinking about is someone who is constantly stuck in your mind, maybe they are suppose to be in your life. Maybe the reason that you cannot seem to succeed to move on is because they are important in your life. Maybe the reason that you cannot move on is because you need them. Maybe they aren't destroying you, maybe they are creating you (if you get what I mean).

Basically, it isn't always better to move on from someone in my opinion. Just maybe, that person who you're trying to move on from is meant to be there. Ever feel like you finally moved on from someone, and then they pop back up in your life? Yeah, maybe you shouldn't try to move away from that person.
April 23rd, 2011 at 05:27am