For the Hopeless Romantics...

This has got to be the most beautiful love poem I've read in my entire life....

"I want you to bite my lips until I can no longer speak.

& then suck my ex-girlfriend's name out of my mouth just to make sure that she never comes up in our conversations again.

I'm gonna be honest...

I'm not really a love poet.

In fact, every time I try to write about love, my hands cramp.

Just to show me how painful love can be.

And sometimes, my pencils break.

Just to prove to me that every now and then, love takes a little more work than you planned.

See, I heard that love is blind so, I write all my poems in Braille.

& my poems are never actually finished because true love... is endless.

See, I've always believed that true love is kinda like a super model before she's airbrushed: It's pure & imperfect. Just the way that God intended.

You see, I'm gonna be honest though... I'm not much of a love poet.

But if I were to wake up tomorrow morning and decide that I really want to write about love,

My first poem would be about you.

About how I love you the same way I learned how to ride a bike, scared.

But reckless.

With no training wheels or elbow pads so my scars can tell the story of how I fell for you.

I'm not much of a love poet.

But if I was, I'd write about how I see your face in every cloud & your reflection in every window.

You see I've written a million poems, hoping somehow you will jump out of the pages and be closer to me.

Because if you were here, right now, I'd massage your back until your skin sing songs that your lips don't even know the words to.

Until your heart beat sounds like my last name & you smile like the Pacific Ocean.
I just want to drink the sunlight in your skin.

If I was a love poet I'd write about how you have the audacity to be beautiful, even on days when everything around you is ugly.

I'd write about your eye lashes and how they are like violin strings that play symphonies every time you blink.

If I was a love poet I'd write about how I melt in front of you, like an ice sculpture, every time I hear the vibration in your voice.

And whenever I see your name on the caller I.D. my heart plays hop-scotch inside of my chest.

It climbs on my ribs like monkey bars and I feel like a child all over again.

And I know this sounds selfish, but every now and then, I pray to God that he turns you back into one of my ribs just so I would never have to spend an entire day without you.

And I swear, I'm not a love poet...

But if I was, my first poem would be about you.

And after that all that she said, "So how do you feel about me?"

I said:

Let's put it like this, I want to be your ex-boyfriend's stunt man.

I want to do everything he never had the courage to do, like trust you.

Honestly, when our lips touch I can taste the next 60 years of my life.

And some days, I want to swallow stacks of your pictures just so that you could be apart of me for a little while longer.

And if I could, I would sample your smile; then I would let my heart beat through the bass line and we would create the greatest love song of all time whenever we stand next to each other.

Look, I was the only one made for you.

And you, you can be "At Last" by Etta James and I will be "Ooh child" when you're in pain.

You can be candy-coated drops of rain, even though it never rains in Southern California.

And together, me and you, we can be music.

And when my friends ask if you're my girlfriend, I'll say no... She's, she's my musician.

And me, I guess you could say, I'm her favorite song."


- Rudy Francisco

& if you don't think that's true love at it's finest...
then I'm not sure what love is<33
April 24th, 2011 at 08:10am