English essay (:

I named it "why love hurts?"

Love has never been defined and never will be. We read novels about love without limitations, see movies about it on the big screen or TV, and that we can live happily ever after, but its not real life. The fact of the matter is, our expectations are high and the poor mate we choose can not humanly live up to what our expectations are. The word ‘grown up’ is the key to this problem. All couples have disagreements, lose their temper very often, feel like they want to quit in the relationship and move on. When we are young, love can be so magical or hurt to the very core of a person’s being and they feel like their life is over. It’s because of inexperience and, in youth one is learning. Very heartbreak or every slight from another person you love helps you to become stronger and is a learning path as to what you really do want in a lifelong partner. When you find true love, you never lose it. You will realize the guys or girls you ‘thought’ you loved really wasn’t love at all. Famous quote I like is: ‘It’s better to have loved and lost love, than to have never loved at all.’ So the big question is: ‘Why does love hurt so badly?’ and the answer is, because we put all our emotions, we give everything and we expect that the love we give to the one we love will return to us. Another answer could be: Because love doesn’t have to hurt! When there is love, there is always hope. Maybe this time love hurts, but next time it doesn’t have to. If you chose not to love, then you also choose not to be loved. Don’t you want to be loved? Why drive a car if you can get in a car crash? Why walk on the street when you can get mugged? Why eat when you can choke? I think you get my point. Life is one big risk, as so is love. If you don’t take the risk you’ll never know. Taking the risk can give you two solutions. Either gets loved or heart broken. Whether you are loved or heart broken, you will always gain something. Wisdom and experience. You can learn from your heart aches to better your next relationship to make the love of your life. But if you never try at love because you’re scared of being hurt, you’ll never know if you could feel the best you have ever felt in your life. I think never trying at love is the biggest pain of all. Greatest irony of love is letting go when you need to hold on and holding on when you need to let go. We lose someone we love only when we are destined to find someone else who can love us even more than we can love ourselves. Do NOT make the mistake of riding the same one that threw you the first time. In conclusion: How to define love? Fall but do not stumble, be constant but not to persistent, share and never be unfair. Understand and try not to demand, hurt but keep the pain. Love is like a knife. It can stab the heart or it can carve wonderful images into the soul that always last forever. Love is supposed to be the most wonderful feeling. It should inspire you and give you joy and strength. Sometimes the things that give you joy can also hurt you in the end. Loving people means giving them freedom that they chose to be and where they chose to be. Only love can hurt your heart, fill you with desire or tear you apart. Only love can make you cry and only love knows why. If you are not ready to cry, if you’re not ready to take that risk, or feel the pain, then your not ready to fall in love. There is a time in our lives we get scared of falling in love because we always get hurt. Then I figured that’s why it’s called falling in love. When you decide to love, allow it to grow. When you promise to love, refuse to let it die.
April 25th, 2011 at 02:19am