Question of the day

This has been bugging me for the better part of the weekend. If anyone has an answer, I would love to hear it.

If it's called Alcoholics Anonymous, why do they stand up and say their names? That just doesn't sound anonymous to me.

Yeah, I know, it's random. It was random at the time when it popped into my head, too. I was on my way to Easter dinner in a vehicle full of family, and I was in the process of falling asleep, and suddenly I blurted that out. During a conversation about trains.

For those of you who have read some of my other journals, it's pretty clear that my nephew is my favourite person in the world. He's just over a year old, and I make a trip out to see him roughly once a month. I feel like I hit a milestone this weekend. We were at a family dinner, and he had never met most of the people. He was playing shy, even though he's only shy for about five minutes, and he was hiding his face in his mother's shoulder. When he got to be a bit more brave, he started playing and running around. My aunt walked up and tried to tickle him, and he just got this horrified look on his face and ran away. To me. Everyone made their little comments about how much he likes his auntie, and I was so ridiculously happy. I'm familiar enough to provide safety from strangers. That's a big deal; he only ever runs to his parents.

I got a job today. Technically now I have two, but I'm quitting the other one. I don't want to go to people's houses and sell them knives. I'm going to go into fire damaged houses and clean instead. And on slow days, I get to do reception. So that's pretty cool. Plus it pays better, so... win win!

Now I'm trying to do laundry so I can leave town for a few days before I start my job. Then I can see my friend's new baby. I really should go buy a baby present...

I'll leave you with this picture I took while playing in the puddles with my nephew on Saturday.

Image

Now you understand why I adore him so much.
April 25th, 2011 at 06:39pm