Heart VS Mind

I got some things that I need to get off of my chest.
First of all the past two months have been absolutely miserable.
I've become a complete emotional wreck. All because of a boy.
We had a great friendship. Sure I liked him more than a friend, but I was okay with it being one sided. Turned out he had feeling for me too.
All was good till the school whore start throwing herself on him, and well I got pissed off and yep, I admit it: jealous. (So cliché, I know.)
And that's when things went the hill.
Sure he was a dick at times, but I realize now that it was probably my fault.
Jealousy got the best of me two months ago and we got into a big fight, which ended very ugly. We haven't spoken since. He tried but I ignored him. I thought ignoring him would help me get over him, but boy was I wrong! He is constantly on my mind. Even haunts my dreams. Truth is: I miss him terribly.
Today for the first time we so to say, spoke. It was brief. But for that split moment I felt happy again. Of course I wanted to kick myself for breaking my silence, afterwards.
Then I feared this would happen. All the emotions I held back hit me like a brick.
I spent the whole day mentally arguing with myself. Thinking rationally about the pros and cons if I were to try and sort things out. I know that there is a slight chance everything will be okay again, or I'll just gonna end up hurt.
My brain says that I should leave things as they are, but my heart is craving for things to go back to ho they used to. Even if they aren't going to be exactly perfect.
And somehow I don't think that I will listening to my brain. I've tried it before, and look where it got me: hurt and miserable.
I know that I should probably wait a few days, but I feel if I wait I'll change my mind about it and run for the hills like a coward.
Tomorrow I shall take my chances. I'm terrified about will happen, but I doubt it will get any worst than it already is.
April 27th, 2011 at 04:36pm