The society and how it changed a friend for the worse (questions)

Hello. I’m writing this journal because I felt like I need to do it. Have you ever felt the urge to do something with no reason at all and in the end it works out perfectly? Well this isn’t one of them because I’m writing; not doing something that might help me in the future. Well it does help me because I’m getting my thought out and not let them bottle up (this really helps to hide your emotions, if you don’t like talking about it with a person the write about It.) anyway, the reason why I’m doing this is because a “friend” of mine from high school tagged me on some photos when I was in tenth grade (I look horrible by the way but that’s high school baby!) on facebook. Now, I laughed when I saw them and started remembering moments that really made me happy and moments that, if it weren’t for this photos, I would have forgotten it for good and that’s not good for me because my whole life is based on good memories… and bad ones because in the end is the only thing I’ve got when I’m old, all alone. Now after I remembered them, suddenly, without my permission, bad memories started to appear. One of them is the change one of my best friends made (well I think she was my best friend because I really didn’t know, now that I’m thinking about it, if she truly was…) that devastated me because I hate change… well not hate it but more like I didn’t like it if it hurt me or made me feel bad, just like that change that my friend made. Like any other high school teenager, who didn’t know who she was, where she belonged, society’s pressure about how people should “truly” behave, her parents… love. Those things and others, made, what I like to call, a person who is looking for an escape. Well, she did find an escape… by experimenting with girls. Now, let me be clear here people, I’m not against lesbians, homosexual, bisexual, transgender or transvestite; I think they are the best. I have lots of friends who are like that but! She changed because she found what she liked, found people who understood her and accepted her (and good looking people) but where does that led me? To a stranger who prefers “the cool people” rather than a real friend. I tried to be her friend again, be what we were but it all failed. It wasn’t the fact that I didn’t try enough but the fact that SHE DIDN’T WANT TO. How could I fight that? I know, by moving on. I have a new best friend that truly wants to be my friends and I love them with all my heart! I truly do! But thanks to the photos I was tagged on, I wonder the life she is living now. I can see that she is happy, and all and I hope I am right but I really wanted to be part of that happiness. Now is impossible, now is useless. I can say that she probably have forgotten about me and those wonderful memories when we laughed together, had our inside jokes and trust each other with anything. I wonder if I will ever see her again because now we are in collage, different collages, with different goals in our minds and with different perspectives of life. I doubt it but if I do meet her I will just smiled at her. I don’t think I have the guts to go there and greet her, heck I don’t think she even deserves it and I really want her to know how I have changed and how I know what I want and be my own person and make her want to talk to me. I am thinking this way because I haven’t got over the idea that she, my best friend, is gone from my life and I am still hurt and angry that she chose this. I doubt that anyone would read this thru the end and I really don’t care because this is for me, this is to make me feel better and let things out.
People are ignorant and it’s all because of the fucking society we are living in; always judging and saying what’s right, wrong if it’s moral or un ethic… for them. People should live their lives without remorse and happy. Listen (or read for that matter) that you don’t have to change for acceptance, be who you want to be, be proud and be loud! You have the power! You have the will to do it! Don’t depend on others to feel good because life is not based on that, it’s based on happiness! Love, Live, Laugh!

Now,1) Did you change for a friend, for a lover or for been accepted in society?
2) Why?
3) How did it turn out?
4)do you have any regrets?
5) After that stage in your life, how do you see life now?
April 27th, 2011 at 04:40pm