Infinite.

Here's to life. It's beautiful and worth living.

We go through it just surviving but where's the love, the fire, the fun in that? We should thank God or Zeus or who ever the hell put us here, because although originality is out of the question, life is the one thing that separates all of us yet brings us all together.

It's a paradox. It's a harmful truth worded in a strange, unfortunate way that we will break our backs and blind our eyes trying to figure out - so I say, f**k it.

Don't try to figure it all out. Don't ask too many questions. Don't wonder "why are we here?" because the point is is that we are here and we will stay here and remain here for however days, hours, minutes we have and why the hell should we waste that beauty on meticulous calculations on all the why's and the how's.

The greatest advice anyone can give is just one simple word and that's "live." Don't exist, don't survive, live. Be in every moment, really be there - sit and smell the coffee for longer than it would take to drink it, play in the snow on a snow day, flunk a paper, ace a test, dance in front of a lot of people and make them jealous of your happiness.

We should all love and have faith and hope and believe and make toasts and laugh and have a hell of a good time while we are here.

And someday at some point, the fact that we all die won't be so scary, the fact that we could be forgotten won't be so frightening because we will know that we have lived and have made memories and made love and made birthday cakes and written sh**ty love songs and that's the best we can ask for. To fall into the great cliche's that we so love to laugh at, but would so love to be a part of.
April 29th, 2011 at 02:36am