Just Because Your Brother is 14 Does Not Give Him the Excuse to Make Rude Comments About Other People.

So today I found out that my best friend's 14 year old little brother called my sister anorexic a few days ago. Now, I've been called bulimic before and that was no fun, but being called anorexic isn't either. When I heard about this I became very angry and I told my friend that her brother's behavior lately hasn't been very good. He went up to us kept burping in our faces and other not so polite things. Those I could deal with but not the anorexic comment. I flat out told her that her brother had no place to say that because it offended both my sister and I. Her excuse, "Well he's only 14 what do you expect?" What do I expect? I expect your brother to respect my sister and I. I don't care that he is only 14, that does not give him the right to say something like that to another person.

After I told her what I thought she got mad at me. All because I said her little brother stepped out of line. I simply told her that if my 26 year old older brother said something rude about her, I would stand up for her in a heartbeat, but since her brother is 14 she can't even stand up for one of her best friends. I'm sorry but that is just not cool at all. Just because your brother is 14 doesn't give him the right to act like a complete jackass. I've known the kid since he was pretty much a baby and I have never had a problem with him, until now.
May 3rd, 2011 at 04:28am