Raw 5/2/2011 Rock's Birthday Bash!

Raw couldn’t have started better with Lillian Garcia, the best WWE announcer and a great singer, singing the National Anthem in support of Osama being dead! Next the birthday boy, the Rock came out to talk. “We got him!” he cheered loudly into the microphone. He then thanked the troops and stated that he was “damn proud to be in America.” He then led the entire arena in the “Plede of Alligence.” Beautiful opening!

Rock then proceeds in speaking about his life from when he was a kid to his debute into WWE. When he is speaking about his high school days, a picture of him in high school comes up and truth be told, he didnt look to bad. Then as he was talking, the GM interrupted him. OF COURSE! Cole stands up smililng and does his whole “Your attention please” crap. Will Rock stand for this? NO, of course not! Rock invites Cole into the ring to announce the GM’s announcement. Cole declines but Rock instigates until he comes in. Cole says he’s not afraid and starts undressing to reveal a Celtics jersey!

Cole goes into the ring and demands an apology for the GM for the way he was treated at Wrestle Mania and an apology for Cole himself for all the abuse he’s taken from Rock over the years. Rock, surprisingly enough, says that Cole is right about disrespecting the GM and Cole. Then he appologizes! He puts out his hand to shake. Cole hesitates but decides to shake his hand back. He thanks Rock for the apology but then he hits Cole with “Rocks Bottom”! He then went for the “People’s Elbow” which he hits of course. Rock’s music plays but he stops it, it was funny because you heard King mumble “Oh, there’s more”, he announces Pitbull who comes out and performs his song “Bon Bon (Boom Boom)” with several girls. Going to commercial, WWE shows a clip of Lebron James and Dwayne Wade wishing the Rock a Happy Birthday.

Next match, which shows JR now at the announcer’s table, is R-Truth V. Morrison. My prediction for this match was R-Truth, I never got to see if I was right though because R-Truth attacked Morrison while he was entering. He hits Morrison with a “The Hard Truth” outside of the ring. I believe Morrison really hurt his neck, if you watch the way he landed you may see what I ment. Then he hit it again on the steel entrance. I’ve said it from the start, I believe R-Truth will be a great heel!

Next, Jimmy Kimmel wished Rock a Happy Birthday. Let’s just say, he was EXTREMELY corny!

Next match was Maryse V. Kelly Kelly. Now, I’m not a big fan of diva matches but I couldn’t find the remote so I left it one, glad I did! My prediction was Kelly Kelly, just because I like her more. While Kelly Kelly was winning, new diva Kharma came out. Kelly Kelly froze with fear (Did you hear the announcers? They each must’ve said 6 times!). Kharma attacked Maryse and, I don’t know about you, but I was dually impressed. Heel or not, she is my modern favorite diva, including Beth Phoenix. What do you think of her?

Next scene is Miz in the back. Riley comes in late and Miz is mad. He says how Riley should’ve been in his corner and Riley is his employee, no matter the draft. I completely agree with this and wondering the same exact thing when I saw it. If Miz is the reason why he’s in the WWE then how is it possible for him to get draft?

Paul Walker then wishes Rock a Happy Birthday. After commercial, Samual L. Jackson does too.

The camera then goes into the Rock’s actual party. Santino is dressed like The Rock’s character in “Fast Five”, Hornswoggle is dressed like The Scorpion King, and Khali is dressed like the Toothfairy. Ron Simmons comes out and what does he say? You guessed it, DAMN! I loved it, what did you think?

Next Steve Carrell came on to wish Rock a Happy Birthday. His clip was actually pretty funny and entertaining. He joked saying he was forced to do it against his will and that there was suppoed to be a pay but when he got there they said there wasn’t.

Next was Miz V. Cena for the WWE Championship, this match was by far the best of the night. My hope for this match was Cena but with Riley in Miz’s corner, I predicted that Miz would win. First, Cena took the lead. But Riley jumped on the mat, distracting Cena. Miz took the lead and threw Cena over the ropes. Miz then distracted the Ref while Riley clotheslined Cena. Miz contiues to beat up Cena but Cena gets his momentum back. He hits a “Five Knuckle Shuffle” and goes for an “Aditude Adjustment” but Miz kicks him in the head. Cena quickly comes back with an “STF” but Miz makes it to the ropes. Miz takes the lead and pins. Cena kicks out at 2. Miz then throws Cena in the corner. Riley distracts the Ref while Miz exposes the turnbuckle. Miz attempts to hit Cena off of it but Cena fights back. Miz then goes for a “Skull Crusher”, Cena gets out but knocks the Ref out in the process. Cena goes for an “STF” and Miz taps but remember, the Ref is knocked out. Riley gets in and hits Cena and Miz hits “Skull Crusher”. He goes for the pin and Riley helps the Ref up. The Ref jumps in and 1…2…2 3/4! Cena kicks out! Cena quickly goes for the “Aditude Adjustment” to Miz. He goes for the pin but Miz kicks out. Again, the Ref gets distracted and Miz hits Cena with the Champion belt. He goes for the pin and wins but when the Ref goes to get the belt and realizes Miz has it, he reverses his decision. Cena wins!

Miz gets mad, blaming it on Riley, and pushes him. Cena gets up and clothes lines both of them twice and then “Attitude Adjustment”s both of them. Justice!

Next, Ellen Degenorous comes on to wish Rock Happy Birthday. She says about how she wants to come up with a catch phrase like”Can you taste this, I think it went bad?!” or “Get the oven mitts! It’s hotter then I expected!” She was the funniest in my opinion.

Next, Tyler Perry wished the Rock a Happy Birthday. He also has Madea wish him one too.

Next, it showed a flash back of Extreme Rules of Cena. “Osama bin Laden has been caught and compromised to the end,” Cena proudly stated into the microphone. “I’m proud to be an American!” Am I the only one that wondered how awkward it would be if they were doing a show in Pakistan or what the people of Pakistan were thinking at that moment?

Next match was a tag team match between Rey Mysterio & Kofi Kingston V. Jack Swagger and Drew MacIntyre. My prediction? Rey Mysterio and Kofi Kingston, I hate the entire other team! This match had Alberto Del Rio ringside who just kept calling Rey a chihuahua. the match was okay, nothing to exciting though, with Rey and Kofi looking like they were going to lose. Did they? Nope! Del Rio attempted to get into it with Rey but 619 was having none of that and basically drop kicked his face through the ropes.

Next they showed an Anti-Bullying event, “Be A Star” that took place in Washington D.C.

Ludacris came on and wished Rock a Happy Birthday.

After commercial, Dan Marino also wishes Rock a Happy Birthday.

Back to the party now, we have Vickie yelling “Excuse Me” with Dolph Ziggler on her tail. They present him a giant cake but say they have a present for him. They move the cake and standing there is Mae Young. Vickie and Dolph crack up saying how old Mae is but Rock snaps back. “No matter how much weight you lose you’ll never be as pretty as Mae Young,” he snaps. He then kissed Mae. Cena walks up to Rock and says he has a present. “The WWE Championship,” Cena says and basically explains that their Wrestlemania match will be a Championship match. He leaves with a Happy Birthday. That was it? Cena should’ve definitly did more!

While I was out of the room, George Lopez wished Rock a Happy Birthday.

Next match was Kane V. Mason Ryan. I actually like both of these guys but my prediction went with Kane. Ryan came out with Punk, we know something is going to happen with him, don’t we? Basically Punk got into it making Kane win. New Nexus comes out to jump Kane. Kane knock all of them down and goes to ”Chokeslam” Ryan. Ryan fights back and does his finisher on Kane. Nexus gets back up and attacks Kane. Big Show comes out to help and kicks all of New nexus except Ryan out. Big Show then gets speared by Mason Ryan, surprisingly enough. Mason Ryan walks away, basically victorious, while Nexus just stares at him in disbelief.

Regis and Kelly then comes on to wish the Rock a Happy Birthday of which Regis jokingly says that he could easily take on Rock.

Greg Furgeson then also wishes him a Happy Birthday.

Lastly, Rock comes out with his big finale He thanks the fans, his family, and WWE itself.

Then we hear Vince’s music! He comes out thanking Rock for everything, his personality, his time, for being the Rock, etc. He shows they have a gift for him and a slideshow comes on. The slideshow includes home videos, photos, WWE footage, audio, fans, etc. It also has the song “I’m coming Home” from Diddy Dirty Money. Maya, award winning singer, comes out and sings Happy Birthday, trying to convince the crowd to sing-along. In the end a whole lot of confetti, balloons, and stremers come falling out of the sky. Great night!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 3rd, 2011 at 08:17am