Drive drunk on Cinco de Mayo, spend seis de Mayo in jail.

Happy Cinco de Mayo!!! Enjoy some mariachi music, tacos, and margaritas if you must. If you do, remember that 'Amigos don't let amigos drive drunk.' Cinco de Mayo is commonly believed to be Mexico's Independence Day. That is not correct. Mexico's Independence Day is September 16. Cinco de Mayo isn't even a federally recognized holiday in Mexico. In fact, it is more popular in the United States than Mexico.

It's late. I can't sleep. I googled it.

~Sigh~

I hate insomnia. What are some interesting websites that you like?

I really love to write. I write in here, and I also have a blog. I love sharing my opinions, researching topics, and most of all, I love journal writing. I love impromtu topics. I can talk (or write) about anything. Even when I don't know much about it. I consider myself to be good with impromptu subjects. I really got into that back in high school. I was an FBLA member, and I competed in regional competitions in impromptu speaking. It was fun. I love doing that. It was nerve racking at first, but I adjusted. I only had to speak in front of 3 judges anyway. It honestly was nothing compared to speech class in college.
A few weeks ago, my best friend challenged me. In a 500 words or less story, I had to incorporate her list of 20 random things. I had 24 hours to do this. She didn't think I could. She was wrong. Then she claimed it must have been a fluke. So, this weekend, I am going to do it for her again.

I love writing. I actually have several stories and poems I've written and I am working up the nerve to actually post them on here. I'm very sensitive about that. My opinions, well, if you don't agree/don't like them, then I can live with that. But I don't take criticismism (sp?) well, and I'm just......uneasy about it. Maybe someday. But I do like doing the journals.

Give me some story ideas and I'll write one and post it on my page. Give me a list of things. Challenge me. I'm bored. I love a challenge.

Well, maybe now my mind will slow down so I can sleep. Goodnight and sweet dreams!

XXX OOO

Smurfette
May 5th, 2011 at 09:30am