Why Should I Be The One To Shut Up?

What really is bothering me ever since it became a big deal is Rebecca Black.

I don’t agree that it’s right to pay 2000 bucks and you get handed a song and a music video, but she is a 13 year old girl and she is doing what she likes.

Look at it this way: You are passionate about something, singing, acting, fixing cars, whatever and you decide to put up a video about you doing this. You post it online and a month go by, then all of a sudden people at your school/job/or just people walking by you on the street starts telling you how ugly you are and how you should just go kill yourself because then the earth would be a better place.

At least 100 people each day for 3 (almost 4) months. That does something to a person. And being told this by people you don’t know for so long makes you think.. Maybe they are right? Maybe I do suck, maybe it would be best if my parents wore a condom so I wouldn’t have been born…

Sure uploading a video on YouTube you have to expect some negative comments, hell I’ve seen videos for CHARITY getting bad comments. But no one should be told to go kill themselves over a video, over an auto tuned voice or over a song that you don’t like.
I posted a comment on her video telling people that if they don’t like the video all they have to do is click the red X at the top right and they wouldn’t have to deal with her anymore. Minutes later I got a response, all that said was “shut up”

Why should I shut up?
May 8th, 2011 at 01:07am