Why I am the way I am

Honestly, I never really knew, up until tonight. I just had a huge fight with my dad (well..step-dad) and had a lot thrown in my face.

My biological father ditched me when I was seven. Straight up.
He had his new family -- wife, step daughter, and newborn baby girl. And I didn't fit in with them. His wife played the sweet mommy in front of him, but as soon as he was gone, she pushed me around and screamed at me. Told me how much better they'd have it if I wasn't around. That I didn't belong there.
She'd bitch at me for not giving her spoiled brat of a daughter my personal belongings. Then she'd give them to her, and allow her to break them.
So, one of the weekends I was supposed to spend with my dad, he never showed. I sat on the front porch for hours, waiting for him to show.
He never called or wrote, sent a birthday card, anything. Ever again.

My great grandmother raised me. My mom had me too young, and didn't want a child. She was irresponsible. My granny was my best friend. And I was nine when she died. I was the only one at home with her when she stopped being able to breath. I had to call the ambulance.
And I had to call everyone in her address book to notify them that she'd died.
I had the be the strong one. I was never able to mourn. My family fell apart when she died.

All of that was thrown back into my face less than an hour ago.
For two hours, I sat and listened to the man that had been a father to me for ten years, tell me that he didn't even want to be my dad anymore. That he understood why my dad had ditched me. I'm nothing but a bitch.
He told me that my granny was probably glad to be rid of me, even if dying was her way of escaping.

So yeah.
Thank you so much for making me feel like shit.
Father of the year award totally goes to you.
May 9th, 2011 at 06:01am