So, my parents seem to think they can force me into taking classes in college that I don't want to...

I've been at college for nearly a year now, and when I re-enrole in July for classes starting again in September, I get a choice to drop a subject I no longer want to take. At the moment I'm taking Photography, Graphics, English Language, History and a compulsory Maths GCSE re-sit thing ('cause I sorta failed the first time...) D:

Originally, I was planning to drop my Graphics course, as it's way too much work to do alongside my Photography and all the other things I have to do, because for every art subject you take, you have to do a sketchbook for it, if you get me? And the thing I've found out this year is that I've been stuck trying to complete these sketchbooks and I've had no time at all hardly to focus on any other work for my other subjects-- I've ended up doing it at two or three in the morning.

But today I got my exam result back for my Graphics work, and I've got an A in it...which is pretty awesome really, so I'm starting to reconsider not dropping it after all, and dropping my English Language instead, 'cause that's what I'm doing the worst in. I don't even enjoy it that much, the whole idea of it bores me now, it's just dull.

But I mentioned it to my parents before, and they went proper mad at me telling me I'm not allowed to drop English "because they say so." Last time I checked they're not the ones taking it at college, I am. I'm going to be the one having to sit through the class that I don't enjoy for another year, not them, so I don't understand why they should even have a choice on what classes I choose to take or not.

If I do drop English, I'll still have an AS Level in it. It's not a complete A Level, but it's still better than a GCSE. I don't see why my parents are so obsessed over what I'm taking in college, nor do I understand why they think they can tell me what classes I'm allowed to take. It should be my decision in the end, but at the moment it looks like my opinions don't even matter.

asdfghjkl;'

Sorry for the massive rant. This has just really, really annoyed me. x
May 9th, 2011 at 07:53pm