Mibba, I'm Tired of Being So Soft Spoken

I can honestly say I’ve never been so pissed off in my life until today. Who can seriously rip on someone and still go home feeling like they’re the coolest thing to walk the planet?

It started off in public speaking, where this kid who thinks he’s all that decided to make a comment. You see, I was trying to untangle my bass’ strap for my Demonstration Speech, so I had it angled on the floor. If he didn’t mean for me to hear it, it doesn’t make a difference. From the few desk distance, I hear this kid (who his “friends” all say they can’t love him, unless they hate him too) say, “Is she going to teach us how to walk a bass?”

Really? Does it make you feel better to rag on a girl trying to set up for her speech, who already has self confidence issues? Through out my whole speech, I tried not to let it get to me, I truly did, but it sunk in, and I felt like I bombed my speech because of it.

That’s not what ticked me off to no ends, though.

In homeroom, the teacher asked us what the fight was about between my one friend and this other dude. The kid who got me so pissed off spoke up, and told him his side. The entire time, I was rolling my eyes because I heard it the period before from my friend and the other kids who watched it. Why would they lie about his fight, like this ignorant kid who rags on everyone?

So, this kid goes on telling the teacher, “Ethan (I’m changing my friend’s name for my own reasons) called him fat and stuff, so Cody ran after him. Ethan threw one punch. Just one, and Cody sat on him. After Ethan called him fat, Cody shot back with ‘I’d rather be fat than skinny and gay’.” and then the teacher or the kid’s girlfriend said something, which the kid replied with, “Well, he dresses like a woman…”

Seriously? Just because a kid dresses a certain way does not give you the right to judge him. Personally, with being Ethan’s friend, I can stand up and say that if he was gay, it shouldn't matter; he's a great guy and friend.

Mibba, I can seriously say that in my eleven years of being in school, I’ve never once wanted to stand up and punch someone in the face without being able to shake the feeling. My music, which I can normally get to shake these feelings, couldn’t even stop it. I was seriously seeing red.

This chick I’m even friends with, after I told her what happen, said, “I’ve never seen you so mad. You’re always so soft spoken!”

I’m so freaking tired of being soft spoken, and soft spoken is who I am! I’m tired of everyone saying crap about me, and yes, I normally do shrug it off, but I’m just so tired of it. It’s just ridiculous anymore.

I mean, people are entitled to say what they think in America, right? But that does not give you the right to judge people based on how they dress or look. How can these kids (who have the attitude that they are so cool) go home and still feel good about themselves?

How do you feel about this, Mibba?
May 9th, 2011 at 09:47pm