That awkward moment when you get accepted to two art schools. (Cleveland vs. Portland, Maine)

So I got accepted at the two art schools I applied to. Maine College of Art and The Cleveland Institute of Art.

Both places are offering me an $8,000 scholarship. Thing is, I only received one financial aid package, and I'm waiting for the other. I really want to go to Maine, but the amount of money they're giving me just isn't enough. So, if Cleveland gives me more, I guess I'm going to Cleveland, even if the job market over there sucks.

But, but, but, at least both schools like me enough to give me eight thousand bucks, so that's pretty kick ass.

Thing is, Maine won me over. I've been to Maine, and I love that place. It's just too expensive. I need to take out a $20,000 loan if I don't receive any more scholarships and grants. On the other hand, Cleveland was way too expensive to start with. It was probably one of the most expensive colleges I applied to. ( I applied to like six, got wait-listed to one, never heard of the other two, got accepted to a state school, and the two other art schools.)

I just don't know what to do. I like Cleveland, no matter what people say about the place. It had more pros than the other schools I've had, next to Maine. I just never went across Pennsylvania. I've been to all the New England States, and mid-Atlantic. I never went across Pennsylvania, and that scares me. At least in Maine, I have family that lives there, or near it.

But, I do get my own studio once I'm a senior if I go to Cleveland. And I do love studio spaces. Not to mention their meal plan doesn't suck like Maine. But the dorms kind of suck. compared to Maine. And a lot of bands play at Cleveland as opposed to Portland. And in Portland, there's a bunch of hipsters and I'm not much of a hipster lover. But Portland has that Scandinavian store AND an awesome beach/shore thing, and I love Scandinavian things AND beaches and shores. But Cleveland has Utrecht and I really love Utrecht. But Portland has lobsters and I love lobsters. But Cleveland might offer me more money, but that's a might. Kklzjbdjasdfhafjsfsadf

Nevermind, Portland's meal plan is better than Cleveland. And it's cheaper. I'm going to Portland.

Urgh, so many things to consider.

Anyway, how are you?oh hey, follow me on Tumblr, that is, if Tumblr is working for you.
May 9th, 2011 at 10:28pm