This week is full of tragic endings and beautiful beginnings...

Yesterday, May 9th, 2011, a young girl died. I knew her at one point a long time ago. She was my best friend's sister's best friend. She was only 17. She flipped her car last Friday. She's been in a comma since, and yesterday, she lost the fight. It breaks my heart that someone so young had to die so suddenly... She had a girlfriend... All I can think about is what that poor girl must be feeling... How my friend's sister is feeling... My heart goes out to them and the girl's family...

Another thing that's ending this week is my journey through high school. I've been at this school since 1st grade. I've grown up with my class mates. We've supported each other through the tragic death of one class mate who was in a train accident in the 2nd grade. He'll be honored at graduation with an empty seat where he would have been.

The end of high school means the end of what we've known for so long. It's a strange feeling that still hasn't fully settled in yet. We're all about to leave each other, our families, and everything we're familiar with, to go out into the world and really start our lives. A lot of us will still see each other. We're in a technological age. We all have Facebook accounts. We can keep in touch. But, how our relationships are now will be ending soon.

I'm both sad and happy about it. It's an end, but it's also a new beginning. We'll all be going to college, or into the military. In college, we'll meet new friends and learn new things. For those going into the military, they'll meet new friends, travel new places, and serve the country. I know all of the people I'll be graduating with will always be in my heart. They've impacted my life, given me wonderful memories, and helped make me the person I am. For that, I'm truly thankful.
May 11th, 2011 at 04:53am