Speaking out: It Gets Better

So many people don't understand the reality of bullying, specially anti-gay bullying. Lives are taken from a few thoughts that could have been kept in the head. There are kids and young adults out there raging from ages 10-19 year olds who take their own life from harassment at school. Public schools should have to protect those children going to school. And yet when a mother called about her concern when her 13 year old son, Seth Walsh, was being bullied the Vice Principal said "Remind me next year." Well, next year never came. Seth came home from school one day and hanged himself in his backyard. His mother, who thought he was just picking plums off the tree, had to walk out to see her baby dead. All because of something that could have be stopped.

Our future relies on our generation. So i write this to those who are struggling or are a bully themselves. Face the facts, we are all different. this world is not as black and white as you think it is. If we lived in a world where everyone was the same then it would be a very dull world.

Each of these kids have a remarkable story and it will live on as we try and fight this bullying. For years it has been a problem and its up to us to pass the word on and stop it.

I am I, and you are you.

Respect that.

For those of you who say you don't care I want you to imagine your closest friend, loved one or someone you truly care about. Now picture walking in on their body hanging from their closet or their lifeless body lying on the floor. Picture never being able to see them again because of just a few people who can't keep their mouth shut.

Harsh? Yeah, but it's reality.

For those of you who are victums of bullying or would like to support anti-bullying. Go to itgetsbetter.org and take the pledge. Watch the videos and click on licks to find out more.

Speak up and don't let anyone walk over you.

-Gibby
May 11th, 2011 at 07:04pm