I need advice, s'il vous plait. =]

Tattoo advice, to be more specific.

My next tattoo will be the quote "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" in this gorgeous font. The whole quote will be broken up into 3 lines, 4 words per line.

Now, at first, I was planning on getting this on my left shoulder blade. I like back tattoos. I think they're beautiful, and they just make me happy. I was going to go through with this plan till I realized, I do not have the back for this. The skin on my back can be super sensitive, and it's not pretty. I'm not even that comfortable showing off my back. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that back tattoos work for other people, just not me.

So, I'm considering going with my second placement idea. My left calf, right under the back of my knee. My skin there is relatively scar free/isn't prone to break outs, and I'd still be able to show off my tattoo when I wear shorts and dresses. It'd also be easier for me to keep it clean and moisturized during the healing process. In order to keep a back tattoo clean, I'd end up taking 3 - 4 showers a day, which just isn't really convenient. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. It's also a location I haven't seen tattooed on a lot of women. I've always seen tattoos there on more men.

So, any thoughts? Have a tattoo in the same spot? I'd love to hear some stories. =]
May 12th, 2011 at 11:25pm