*Sigh, lets look back at the last few months

So, with exams coming up Mibba has been a little inactive recently, so I thought, lets brighten people's days up! My mission in this journal entry is to take the Micky out of everything that has happened in the last few months. You are welcome to add your own little snippets onto the end in the form of comments. Com'on people, lets see if we can get a few laughs!

So, what did we have first, oh I know, the royal wedding, how could I forget. Don't get me wrong, I loved it myself, I think it's adorable, but when the press are on...and on about what her dress is going to be like...oh oh oh and the cake and don't forget the honeymoon. AYE AYE AYE, give us (and them) a break. Only the small minority of the British population actually care about the wedding that much that they need to know every finite detail and update about the flowers etc. The vast majority of us don't need an update on the Japanese nuclear reactor interrupted because we need to go live to Westminster cathedral because the florist has arrived! Enough said.

Then we had the referendum on May 5th as to whether we should use the First Past The Post system or the Alternative Vote system, each as bad as each other, to use for voting. Where I live, I met 10 people who voted that day. 3 people voted for the FPTP system in order to annoy Nick Clegg, 4 people voted for the AV system just to annoy David Cameron and the remaining 3 people deliberately mucked up their ballot paper to make a point and to generally annoy everyone involved! Twas funny. Now, every photo of Nick Clegg that we see features him frowning. Poor guy.

Also, in an episode of Prime Ministers Question Time (PMQs), David Cameron, after only getting noise from the opposition front bench, told Angela Eagle to "Calm down dear". I just happened to be watching it at the time and found it really funny (for PMQs anyway). Afterwards, Eagle accused Cameron of making a sexist and patronizing remark. This is almost as funny as the actual remark itself.

And finally, before talking to an assembled public, Ed Milliband updated his twitter page ending this comment with "see some of you there." What an inspiring battle cry!!! It really makes you want to go and see him speak and want to vote Labour (not).

So there, I hope this was interesting and slightly amusing during the exam period. Feel free to enter any other news stories that you think others would find funny as comments after this entry. So...um...I guess I'll see some of you there ;P
May 15th, 2011 at 08:35pm