Our way to party:CokeLive 2007

Up for twenty-something hours
Sweaty
Sticky
Thirsty
Dirty
Happy
That was pretty much the best day of my life so far.
We set off at 5 AM. It took 7 hours by train to get to the festival, cuz we live in a shitty town like that. Afterall, those 7 hours were okay with me, cuz I love trains.
The feeling.
The smell.
The sight.
The people. This was quite funny actually, I haven't seen so many crazy/weird people for long.
First, there was that old couple going to or coming from a funeral, all dressed in black. They carried a huge ammount of lettuce with them. It should have been physically impossible, but they managed to pull it off somehow. It took them awhile to pack it all up on the grid supposed to hold luggages. I mean normal luggages. Not lettuce. It was even more difficult to get it all off.
Tourists from Hungary. They talk funny. Hungarian is my primary language, too, but we speak in a very different way.
Then I got my part of eyecandy. The Fate dropped a cutie right in front of me. He was pretty pretty. He had his hair dyed red and black, beatiful eyes, he smiled all along and he had a fetish for doors, not letting them close in particular. His tee matched his shoes and he had an earring in his left ear. I don't want you to take the conclusions. Let's just say he was stylish.
A man talking about positive & negative energy and stuff like that to a woman stalking him. He talked about Apocalypse and aliens, too, and I think they bouth thought he was some kind of prophet. I kinda felt suicidal right then.
And...drunk men. Singing. I just wanted to sleep. Is that too much to ask for?
I guess I should talk now about the most important part of all:The Rock Show
It was 38°C. That is hot. Like really hot.
And I managed to don't care about it. Cuz nothing's gonna mess with me on a day like this, right?
The bands were better than I thought they would be.
We arrived there just by the end of De Shifer's set. They were pretty amazing. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get their stuff.
Kumm next, some really, really good stuff. The lead singer kinda reminded me of Mika. Just with a better voice.
Along came Zob and rocked our socks hard.
Iris were the next. Oldies. Okay music, sucky show. I was bored as hell so I took photos and watched the backstage. Cuz if you looked ahead under the stage, you had a really good sight of it. So when I saw Lauri and Pauli walking around, I hyperventillated and stared like it's no tomorrow.
I don't know if I feel stupid that I've never heard of the Backyard Babies before. They are from 'Stockholm, fucking Sweden', to quote the lead singer. Actually every second word of his was 'fucking'. I guess this is 'rock n roll'. The guitarist, Dregen or wtf is his name, was hot. I took a nice pic of his ass. Accidentally. The bassist kicked a bottle down, which almost smashed a security guard's head. That would have been scandal to its best.
The Rasmus was the real reason I went there. I saw them live before, but I pretty much idolize them now. They made me feel in a way I don't understand and I won't even try to explain it. The guys are really nice.
Pauli is the best.OMGZ, Pauli Rantasaalmi smiled at me!!!!1!!1!
It's true. When he noticed that we(me and a girl I met there, I don't even know her name) were taking pictures of him, he smiled and started posing.Lauri was just too damn cute. He walked around the stage smiling at every bandmate of his, and none of them even tried to not to smile back. And, during the fast songs, while he was jumping around like crazy, he still managed to sing like an agel, ooh... I think this is called talent.Eero cracked everyone up when he started to sing the oh-so-famous O-Zone song, Dragostea Din Tei, some of you might know it. It's funny how Romania is identified with that song. I'm not proud of it.
Well, yeah. The show was too short. They didn't sing 4 of my favourite songs. Only that could have make it closer to perfect.
I took a shit load of photos, yet only very few came out decent. I might post them up later.
The whole festival thingy could have been organized better. Actually I didn't care that much, cuz I settled myself in the front row just as we arrived.
I ate two McChickens and drank a few litres of warm coke in 36 hours, my feet hurt like hell and I had a soar throat. But it was all worth it for sure.

Smile.
It confuses people.

Bye for now ^^
<3
June 25th, 2007 at 02:46pm