Reflectioins from English 4 Room 112.

My Biggest Regret…
I don’t believe in regrets.
The biggest thing I would do different is not being more noticeable. I was so alone when I was a freshman and I was so afraid of what people would think of me I didn’t think of myself in the process and I knocked myself out of so many amazing opportunities and chances. I’m a noticeable person. I have the heart and mind of someone who you would love to know and everyone knows who I am, but to think that people still don’t know who I am still blows my mind. They don’t know what I’m about or why I am the way I am. It took a lot to get here to be who I am now. The number one thing I wish I could do differently is not try to be so antisocial and not blend in with the walls. To stand out and be the loud and proud person I know I am and everyone has come to love.

Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?
Where I want to be and where I will be are two totally different things. I know I’ll be a starving artist drooling at the mouth wanting to take pictures of the people that inspired me this year and throughout my High School career. Where I will be is probably and hopefully in college trying to get into law school so I can have the money to do what I want to do. This is a conundrum that I’ve faced throughout my entire High School career. Do I want to be the artist you know you can be and penniless for a long period of time or do you want to have the money to do what you want to do and be broke for a shorter period of time? I chose to take the latter route and dabble here and there on my dreams. I can’t just let my photography go, because that’s how view life. The way I take pictures is how I see life. If you ever wanted to see life through someone else’s eyes then go to their photography and see what they have to show, because what they find beautiful might be something completely different and turn you around and say ‘hey wait a minute. This was never beautiful before, but why is it this way now?’ My mission in life is to realize my dream and to save the world one person at a time.

Your Happiest Moment
My school career wasn’t as happy as I’d like it to be. I didn’t have the worst childhood. No. I had an awkward adolescence. Before my senior year I was a pessimist. I was a very drastic radical avid pessimist. I saw the horror in everything and none of the good. I had no confidence. I had no hope. I knew what I wanted, but I didn’t have the guts to go get it. Finally an old, old, old friend said something to me and for the life of me I can’t remember what, but it made me want to change myself. It was something along the lines of: “you’re beautiful. Why can’t you accept the complement and leave well enough alone?” I knew it was hard on me. I knew it was going to take a lot of time and effort and habit changing formats. I can hate myself on my own time, but I have people who need me and I can’t afford to be a cry baby and whine the whole time. So he started my change. I can’t ever thank him enough for it. He began my second semester of my Senior Year (which doesn’t seem like it was so long ago, now) on a good note. He slowly helped me realize that it doesn’t matter what you think of yourself in looks, because someone is always going to think you’re beautiful. I think that’s all that matters. So the happiest moment of my Senior Year would have to be the moment when I knew I was changing for the better.

My Advice for Freshmen
The advice I have for freshmen is completely different from what I had before. I know everyone gets advice from friends or family who’ve been through a freshmen year. It varies, honestly. The only advice I could give that would make life easier for a freshmen is that hold your head up and be who you are and don’t let them judge you. You think now that it’s the biggest thing in the world, but I’m telling you now it doesn’t matter what they think. It’ll take you all of your High School career and most of your adult life to be comfortable with who you are and don’t let them judge you. I just got the idea quicker than most people do. Every one judges and you judge. Don’t say you don’t, because you do. First impression is a judgment. I just want to tell you as Nikki Sixx told everyone: ‘you are not your skin.’ Denison High is full of judgmental souls, because that’s how they were raised and they know no different. Open your arms and kill them with the kindness they denied you.

Who Do I Thank?
There have been so many people who have inspired me throughout my life. Many of them I don’t even know and a few that I do. My Nana and Poppie are two. They raised me when they didn’t have to. The time they could have taken to live their life as a couple they took to raise their daughter’s daughter. My Nana had her first child when she was 16 and she never needed any help from anyone but her family and husband. My Poppie inspired me to live the way I want to live. There have also been people in this world that I’ve never met who I thank that inspired me. Ville Valo, Jyrki Linnankivi, Jussi Vuori, Nikki Sixx, and Steven Juliano Their music, art, and story has been with me throughout my entire High School career and more so into my Senior year. I’m a radical and an artist. Those people listed above are the people that I attribute to making me who I am today. I don’t really don’t know who that is yet, but I’m sure looking back on this and I’ll read all of this and know exactly who I am. So the people I thank are my Grandparents and the musicians listen above. I thank them all from the bottom of my heart.

Social commentary
High School. For some people it’s the time period that they define as the worst time of their life. Some people call it the prime of their life. I say it was just the intermission. I say it really wasn’t the worst time period of my life, but it wasn’t the best. I know that after June 4th and May 29th I’ll be prepared to say I know who I want to be and go after it. I’m for sure that after High School will be the prime of my life. High School is the place to get your land legs for the real world and anything that happened in High School that’s relevant for the future is not who your friends were, what you wore, who got pregnant and who didn’t. It’s the breeding ground to begin your life. If you think it’s the place to be the top everything and be the best fine, but when you leave those hallowed doors you’ll know that you’re not the biggest genitalia in the room. You’re in fact just a home town hero that will fade off. The ones that make it are the ones that know where they stand in the world. High School is just the breaking point between being a child and being an adult. Nothing more. It’s the last hand out you get until you’re ancient. High School is an experience and a few short years. For the ones that didn’t make it through and dropped out or passed away by their own hand or otherwise. I’m sorry you didn’t get to experience the wonders that I call my High School Career.
May 20th, 2011 at 05:18am