Is it really worth it?

College that is...
I get all this crap about how whatever I do right now will affect me for the rest of my life-- and how from this day forward, my life finally starts...

to tell you the truth, it's all a bunch of crap.
Everyone in the world makes it seem like I need a million dollars to go to college.
Screw that! Honestly-- money will always, without a doubt, be a problem. Might as well just let the debt exist.
It's perfectly acceptable to live a life knee high in dept because this is America.
And honestly... what's the worst that could happen?
I end up a bum? Living on the beach underneath a tent?
Sounds like a simple life to me.

Although, I'd like to say a couple things to people who are having trouble deciding their career path:

1. It doesn't matter what anyone else says-- this is YOUR life, and this is the start of YOUR career. (Screw the idea that you have to make money fast-- there will be money in your pocket, but is it truly ever yours?)
2. Stick to your guns (don't let anyone tell you "well, maybe you could go to ___________ school AFTER you get a real education." Because whether they like it or not... they wont offer you anything you'd be interested in anyway.)
3. You don't need money to be happy-- in fact, the less you own, the easier it is. Seriously.
4. The definition of who you are is always changing-- your career should remind you of your passions and the morals you fight to keep everyday.
5. Your parents might not always be okay with your career choice-- which means, after you make a million dollars, no yacht vacations for them-- you take your boat and you sail that motherfucker.
6. Freedom doesn't always have to rely on your financial state-- there is always a way out.
May 20th, 2011 at 07:12am