New Perspective

They say that writers are supposed to have all the answers. They say that for writers, the words just magically flow from brain to hand to keyboard to Word Document, in an unending cycle, dripping like an IV in a hospital patient's arm. They say that writers have perfect English, that they know exactly when to use 'whom', or which form of 'their/they're/there' is appropriate. They say that if you're good at writing, you should follow it.
My mom told me that she would be really disappointed if I didn't end up writing somehow. But what she doesn't know is how fucking long I deliberate over each and every word in my head before sending the signal from my brain to the rest of my body. The imagery, the creative limericks, the extensive metaphors, they all take forever to work out. I'm not as creative as everyone seems to think I am. I just have interesting tastes. I love to listen to music and get a message out of the mood. I love to look at an album in the same light that a band or producer might. I love to watch a movie, not only for the sake of watching a movie, but for the acting, directing, soundtrack, lighting, costumes, and makeup. I want to do that, not sit around and write something for someone who will never think that it's good enough.
I have no idea where the hell I'm going in life...but Brendon Urie is right...forward is a nice start. Because with forward, I can always broaden my horizons...”I wanna live a life that is comprehensive”.
May 21st, 2011 at 06:47am