Stormy weather and the steak championship cook off.

The thunder rolls.....And the lightning strikes. So, I love thunderstorms. Lightning is indescribable. I love its spooky, surreal, mysterious, and phenomenal qualities all rolled into one. I sat outside earlier for nearly an hour. I also love the rain. Rain has such a wonderful clean crisp smell about it. Kissing in the rain is really awesome. It's only happened to me once, with Chris. It was just spontaneous, and unexpected, which is what made it special. It was raining, we both were running from the car to the house, and he was ahead of me, and out of the blue, he just stopped and turned around, and i ran smack into his chest. He put one arm around my waist, and with the other arm, he tilted my chin up and just kissed me, with the rain just streaming over both of us.
That is the single most memorable romantic moment I've ever experienced.
This has been an eventful week. I am a recovering addict. I consider myself lucky to be alive, when I remember the quantities and cocktails I consumed. When I was arrested, I was sentenced to the drug court program for 2 years, I graduated in December and I'm still sober. The drug court had a ceremony today for current clients, recent graduates, alumni, etc. Anyway, I was invited. Not only was I invited, I had the honor of being one of the two people who were keynote speakers. I thoroughly enjoyed doing that. I think I had a great speech. I have some stories to tell, they are sad when you really consider them, but at the same time, they are quite funny. So, even with all the buttlerflies fluttering around in my belly, I managed to be coherent, remembered to pace myself so I didn't talk too fast, and best of all, every one of my jokes were laughed at. I want to do that again. I ddin't think I could. I stood behing a podium, spoke into a microphone, and there were approximately 50 people in the room. That is 100 eyes on me. Wow, highly nerve wracking. But I loved it. I really do have amazing stories to tell about my experiences.
And then......after leaving the celebration, I confronted an ex about lies he has told concerning me. But that will be tommorrow's journal entry.
Well, it's Saturday now. Today will be groovy, baby. We have a local craft fair type annual event called the Blossom Festival. And every year on Saturday, is the world famous annual steak cook off championship. Me and my bestie always go for a steak. Just one of our traditions. We've done it for years, only in recent years, her family goes too. Her and her fiance have lived together for 12 years and they have 2 children. His name is Louis (she's LeAnne). Anyway, when I first met this guy, I was incredibly intimidated by him. He is a flipping giant. He is over 7 feet tall, and muscular. He could do some serious damage. I've seen him work out. Seen what he's capable of. Yet, to me, I see him as a teddy bear.
Anyway, I'm excited about my steak and visiting all my Magnolia friends. I will spend the afternoon with LeAnne, but I know lots of my girifriends will be there. And Chris is going to come up from Hot Springs and meet us there. I sure hope we can have fun without fighting or him being moody. I am ready to see him. I talked to him after my speech and then later about 10, and I told him about me confronting my ex, who Chris wants to meet face to face to 'handle a lil business' as he says. He says merely needs a good ole ass whooping. But I've seen Chris fight. I know he's got enough respect for me not to do that. I made him promise. But he really hates how my ex has treated me. I shouldn't have told him I went to speak to my ex. Now he's moody. LeAnne and I will be at the Bloss Fest before Louis and Chris, and they will meet us there. I hope he shakes this off so we can have fun. If he doesn't, either he will be moody, he will pick a fight with me or he will literally walk around looking for a physical fight. Please dont, Christopher Robin, please dont. Im so afraid that's how he'll be. I could tell by the way he talked tonight. I've seen him fight, and I saw him literally make a man crap his pants when Chris was throwing punches. Chris was court martialed for fighting and got dishonorably discharged. I'm bragging a lil about this, I guess, but I have never dated a man that I felt so safe, so protected with. I know he'd never let anything happen to me. I wish he didn't have such a temper. Oh, I'm ready to see him. I want him to be a happy camper, and not looking for a fight that will put some poor fool in the hospital and have Chris arrested. I'm so excited. I hope we have so much fun........Anyway, I'm ready for my medium rare steak, sweet tea, veggies, and roll. We've had our tickets for 2 weeks. They are 15 in advance and 20 at the festival. They usually have between 50-75 people entering their steak and they have grills set up around the town square and you get to around to whomever you want to have cook your steak........And they also have neat stuff for kids, a jumping tent, face painting, etc. There are also arts and crafts during the day although they usually shut down by 4 so the cooking can begin........I can't wait!
May 21st, 2011 at 10:03am