The irony of my MOST awkward moment ever occuring on 'doomsday'

As everybody knows, May 21st was supposed to be the end of the world, at 6:00 pm but it didn't. I kinda wish it did though. Because, then I could've avoided the most awkward moment of my life :/

My friends and I were alking into the food court at a mall near us and we passed by a table full of people. I recognized this guy's face,hat, and voice and looked at him. He is close friends with my ex. My stomach dropped because I had the feeling that my ex was with him. So, I turned my head and my ex was staring right at me. I don't know how I missed him walking by the table because he has a big blonde mohawk overtop his brown hair now. But anyway, all his friends became silent and one of the girls turned around to stare at me. My friend tried to pull me away but I was stuck there. She felt really awkward and stood near a trashcan and ended up having a staring contest with the girl at the table. My friend (let's call her Jess) knows my ex's friend (let's call him Kevin) so she started talking to him. They talked for about a minute but it felt like an hour. The whole time my ex and I were staring right at each other, not blinking at all. Which is odd because I can never last 5 seconds in a staring contest with a serious face. His face was a bit red and mine probably was too, but neither of us said a word. It took awhile but he did a small weird wave while biting his lip I think? It took me a few seconds to wave back but I did and then we kept staring at each other. Then, I just walked away with my friends and we ended up sitting a few tables away but I kept looking back at him.

So yeah, it's a bit irnoic that I would run into him on the day of the rapture. Also strange that may 25th would've been our 2 year anniversary. I'm dreading that day so much. I'm not even sure what I felt when we were staring at each other. Fear? Anger? Sadness? Pain? Love? I don't know. All I know is that I feel really horrible right now :/
May 22nd, 2011 at 06:05am