The Day After the End

Hello to all who thought the world was going to end yesterday. In case you hadn't noticed, there was no giant earthquake, no rapture, and Jesus did not return to earth.

And hello to everyone else.

Everyone who likes to believe Doomsday prophecies needs to know one of two things. If you are religious, just live your life in the proper way according to your beliefs, and you don't need to worry about when the world is going to end. I know that for this Judgment Day prophecy, Harold Camping (the man who thought up this idea) was saying "The Bible Guarantees it!”. The Bible actually says the direct opposite. It says "You know not the day or the hour [of the end of the world]". That is a fact. And if you are not religious, just know that if something was to happen to the earth, we have scientists that would predict it, a media system that would give us up-to-the-second updates, and rescue workers who would come to help you.

The end of the world will come at some point, but it will most likely not happen within our lifetimes. There are many things that need to happen before the end of the world, none of which have happened yet. Since the beginning of time, there have been cultures, groups, and individuals from all over the world predicting doomsday after doomsday. It seems to me that there is a mass panic over this at least once every other year, and so far, everyone has been wrong. The end is not nigh.

Bear in mind, however, that the end of your world could happen any time. You could die in a car crash tomorrow, get shot next Thursday, or an angry country could drop a nuclear bomb on your hometown a year from now. You never know. So I would advise being a good person, and that doesn't mean only when your friends or family are around. Just be decent, and you will never have to worry about the end of your world, or the world in general.

But honestly, all you really need to do to shake the fear of Doomsday Prophecies is to ask yourself, "Do I really think mankind has the power to predict the end of time?"

---------
*This entry was inspired by Dust Angel on theblackparade.net.
May 22nd, 2011 at 07:49am