All escapes are blocked.

The one escape I could always rely on. Hours of simply losing consciousness, there was never any need for other releases. The simple relief of a dreamless sleep. There's times I think that my mind spends up so much time and effort creating the imaginary visions haunting my waking existence that it simply cannot cope with the pressure of inventing abstract creations for my moments of unconsciousness. Recently a second curse seems to have inflicted itself upon me. That of insomnia. This impossibility of sleep makes my mind void of energy, of motivation. Making it much more susceptible to the barrage of attacks from the enemy. This, in turn, leads to a cycle of destruction and mental self-mutilation, this then leads to an influx of stress, anger and screaming echoing throughout my mind. All of which lead back to the initial problem of insomnia, thus completing the cycle.
The lack of this escape leads to others. The loss of my own consciousness, mind and body through different means. The mind itself releases me, alcohol, nicotine. Any other release I can find is then searched for until found. This includes all pleasures and sins of the flesh.
The worst and most ironic problem being, when I have no sleep and no alternative methods of relief. The adrenaline that this "illness" creates is the only thing that keeps me going. On the odd day when I have no relief, and my tormentors remain dormant, it takes almost all of my energy to so much as walk.
May 22nd, 2011 at 08:04pm