My Amazing Weekend (Picture Heavy, videos too!)

My boyfriend and I had been planning to go to this really awesome sounding festival near by for a while, but we didn't know if we'd actually get to go or not. It was called the Blossom Festival and it happened last weekend.

Image

Well, when it came close to the time that the festival was to take place, my parents told me they didn't know if we would be able to go or not. My boyfriend said that if we did or didn't go, we'd at least have his oldest son over for the weekend (Mason, he's 14)

Image

I'm not going to tell you the whole confusing story, but there were difficulties and Randon (my boyfriend) started to doubt we'd be able to have his son for the weekend, because he doesn't have the best car in the world and so someone would have to drive his son half way, and Mason's mother didn't want to do it.
But luckily enough, Mason's friend volunteered and so Randon and I got up early on Saturday morning and picked Mason up and brought him here, we showed him around the farm and he got to see and learn about all the animals as we waited for my parents to get back to take us all to the festival.

We realized when we got to the festival that it was much bigger than we had expected (Which is an awesome thing to me) and so we wandered through the lines of colorful booths and crowds of colorful people. There was definitely some gorgeous architecture there:
Image
Image

There was mind-bogglingly well carved sand statue:
Image

There was an antique car show (I was in heaven)

Image
Image
^ That one there had rumble seats, I wanted it so bad!
Image

We gleaned all kinds of free food off of the booths as we passed (Fine steak, duck meatloaf, sausage, fried pizza, crawfish etc).
Image
Image
Image

We wandered through a beautiful garden with all kinds of pathways to interesting places.
Image

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/FreakOfTheDarkness/100_3552.jpg
Image
Image
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q268/FreakOfTheDarkness/100_3564.jpg

We goofed off and enjoyed ourselves in the wonderful atmosphere and the sunshine.
Image

I got some videos of a cute little game that my boyfriend made up involving ice, a cup and a straw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGt5okw54t0
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=616806018&sk=photos#!/video/video.php?v=10150254110781019
http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=616806018#!/video/video.php?v=10150254127261019

I don't know if others can view the facebook videos, so tell me if you can't, I just didn't want to wait forever uploading them on Youtube when I already had them on Facebook.

I saw a lot of people with their faces painted and I could remember when I was little and I got my face painted, I felt like doing it again just for old time's sake, and in that; discovered that they now have face-paint designs fit for teenagers and such:

Image
Image

We all had tons of fun, we enjoyed ourselves fully, and talked about all kinds of things. That was literally the best festival I've ever been to, and one of the best times of my life. And on top of all that, I made a new best friend =) Mason is a really great kid and I can't wait until he stays over again!

Thank you for reading all this, hope you all are having great days!
May 24th, 2011 at 11:46pm