It Doesn't Feel Like I am Graduating High School on Friday.

Yesterday was my last official day of high school and it didn't feel like it at all. I had finals on Monday and Tuesday, but it felt like I was taking a regular end of the chapter test or something. I mean, I got a little teary eyed after I took my last ever final, but that's it. Today I had my graduation assembly where students got the staff choice awards an such. It was all just a popularity contest in my opinion. I only got a rope thing to wear at graduation because I have completed enough hours in a dual enrollment course to get five college credits. But I am one of those people who feel that you don't need to get an award to be truly good at something, so it didn't bug me that I didn't really get anything.

It seems like yesterday was August 15, 2007, the day before my 14th birthday. That day also marked my first ever day of high school. I was so young and I had no clue what to expect. I was extremely nervous seeing as I was going to be around people who were 18 and such. I thought that people were going to pick on me, which kind of happened within the first two or so weeks of school. This one kid came up to me and was like, "So have you been trash canned yet? If not I can change that for you." I replied, "Hey, don't pick on me just because I'm short." He walked away after that. Freshman year was my least favorite year. I started dating this kid who I shouldn't have even dated in the first place. He was emotionally abusive and he didn't treat me right at all. I became very distant from my friends and family and my grades even suffered from it.

August of 2008 marked the beginning of my sophomore year. At this time I was still very upset because of my very fresh break up with the kid mentioned above. His friends would come up to me and make me cry on purpose, just because I had friends who didn't like him. He made it a point to fight with me over myspace. He even told me, "So go get raped you big mouth bitch." Yeah, let's just say I am very happy to not have that kid in my life anymore. This was also the year where I discovered my love of acting. I never thought that I would be good at it, seeing as I am extremely shy. But I got cast as the female lead in one of the one act plays and I got amazing reviews from it.

August of 2009 marked the beginning of my junior year of high school. At this point in time I was a completely different person than I was in the previous two years. My ex was out of my life completely and I was a much happier person. This was the year that I discovered my love of the German language and the fact that I am really good at radio production stuff. This was also the year that I competed in my first ever SkillsUSA Arizona State Radio Production competition. I placed second along with my partner. I attend my first prom that year too and had a blast.

Finally, August of 2010 marked the beginning of the end. My senior year of high school. This year was by far my favorite year, though it seemed like it flew by so fast. I participated in everything possible, seeing as it was my last year of being a high school student. I went all our for spirit days, attended football games, and the dances. I didn't have a first hour so I got to sleep in almost everyday, and I didn't procrastinate nearly as much as I used to. I got accepted to my dream college where I am going to major in Journalism and hopefully become a music journalist.

Now here I am, two days before I graduate high school, remembering all of the good and the bad times that were had in the past four years. It's crazy to think that I am getting ready to head off to college in August. I mean, this year my sister and I are going to be the first people ever in our family to graduate high school. No one has ever done that or even attend college. It's just hard to believe that I am done. I am most likely never ever going to see the people that picked on me again. That really doesn't bug me at all.

Now, the next step it to walk across that stage and get my diploma. Gosh it's crazy to even think about that. Then I have my college orientation and a week after that I am going to Disneyland! Words cannot describe how excited I am for that. Seriously, that is the coolest graduation present ever!

So now I leave you with this, congrats class of 2011. We finally made it!

Oh, and for those of you graduating this year, what are your plans for after high school?
May 25th, 2011 at 09:44pm