New Job

I walked home with Heather from school, that ended up to be a mistake because it was very hot out. This was the first day in like two weeks where it didn't rain. I had to be home by 3:30pm cause I had to go for training at my new job at 4pm. I got a call from the pizza place where I left my name and number with. I had a feeling I would get call because the owner knew my family before I was even born, so I had a good advantage.

When I got there the owner wasn't there so I had to awkwardly explain my presence to a guy with a thick accent. He told the "counter boy" it would be his job to train me and he was so cute, his name is Westin. He has been working there for a year and a half, and has seen at least twenty counter girls come and go. I kind of got nervous, because my friend told me today, that she worked there for a day in freshman year and quit because it was too overwhelming for her.

The guy with the accent kept forgeting my name and Westin's too. He said he was bad at names, no shit. He kept calling me -"Rebecca" and Westin -"Winston" and the other waiter, Marco, calls him "Vincent" (how do you confuse that?). Westin told me that the boss calls him Huston (like the city in Texas). Of course Westin was introduced as "Winston", so I kept calling him that, I felt bad.

The guy with the accent showed me how to cut a pizza pie, he told me to think of my ex and take out my anger on the cutter, it worked. lol

Towards the end of the night, Westin and I were talking and I found out he graduated from my school, last year. We had a lot of small talk and I found out what college he goes to, his major, and a whole bunch of random crap.

The boss told me to come back Thursday to train again. I think I got this job.
May 26th, 2011 at 04:57am