Facebook. A quick rant.

I was just on my facebook page when I noticed a status that read as such: "Oh my God. I have something to tell _______,_______ and __________. It's so embarrassing, but I can't tell you here! Don't ask about it here either! I will call you!"

Of course, there were several inquiries as to what the situation was. My question is: Are you really that starved for attention? If it's so crazy important and private that NO ONE else can know, there's something called INBOX, in which you may send a private message to those who actually care about your predicament.

I'm not trying to be annoying and I honestly couldn't care less about their situations. I just find it insane how people want...no...need for everyone else to be aware of their crazy lives.

Then again, maybe I'm mistaken. Perhaps those people tagged in the status don't check their inbox, or don't have access to a phone right away. Nevertheless, I firmly believe that if it's a private matter, it should stay private, not waved in the faces of those who don't care or are just looking for gossip. Because, in the end, you're the one who ends up being the subject of said gossip or rumors. And the only way to clear your name is to reveal that which was so secret. But maybe that was your plan all along, wasn't it?

I don't know. Why do you think people do this?
May 27th, 2011 at 08:57pm