Facebook Roleplay?

I've come across something extremely interesting. Roleplaying on facebook.
It is not sexual or illegal like it sounds, it is simply creating an account with a different name than your own, posting up a picture of said character, and writing a bit on their bio.
This may sound absolutely idiotic and pointless, but it's become a very popular albeit taboo topic. Upon creating your character, fit with their name, their picture, and a bit of their history in their 'Bio', you begin to interact with other Facebook Roleplayers.

You write out 'starters', which is similar to the beginning of a story. You send them to other people's walls, acting as if you were writing a story with the character 'you are'. The other user then replies, and the story goes on like this.

This is extremely strange yet interesting to me. I've heard that roleplaying, creating of characters, and para RP have begun in websites such as MySpace. There are even chat rooms for this stuff.

Some users doing this are doing it purely for the writing fun. You write out a character's feelings, whether in first or third person, and act out how this person might react to certain events.

Good friendships have formed through all of this, both for characters, [when two characters start dating, and you write out their lives together], or OOC, (out of character) friendships.

Curious, I found a lot of users underneath the names from the Twilight Saga, such as Edward Cullenz. Names, if taken from a certain book or movie, are often changed a little to disprove their identity as a roleplayer.

It's really funny how some people who know nothing of this world will most likely never know, while other users only know of this world.

Are there any facebook roleplayers on Mibba?
Hell, I've seen a forum titled 'Roleplay' on Mibba, though I've never ventured into it. Is it the same thing?
Got questions or comments?
If so, please comment here or inbox me. (:
May 28th, 2011 at 08:29pm